LUMIA 920 Philippine users...

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am a Filipino and planning to buy a Lumia 920 or Lumia 720 next month if it will be available. Would you mind posting your experiences here so far(good or bad) with your new Lumia 920.

Thanks!

Please also add details as to carrier/service provider and store where you got your device!

pogi920

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Kabayan there are posts/reviews regarding L920 here in the forum just search it..L920 is great...amazing phone..got mine here in thailand..

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi Pogi,
Thanks!

I have a bad experience on my previous lumia device, a lumia 800 which keep on freezing and was not resolved even after 3 exchange. I have no other choice but to return it after 7 months with a refund.
So before making a new purchase, I just wan't to make sure that Lumia 920-PH variant is actualy working here in Philippine shores without a problem.

Regards

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I find it cleaner and more user-friendly than iOS and android. If you're there for the apps, be warned, a lot of apps are missing though.

carrier: globe
but mine is the HK version LTE enabled but it isn't supporting LTE in the Philippines (so far from my experience when a friend of mine had the LTE icon on her phone while mine didn't, but the speeds are equally the same. I guess Globe/Smart still has problems enabling the service to other phones)

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
@cuzincurly, thanks for your input. I have been lurking here @nokiaphonecentral for a long time now so I know the WP app situation, I am not that app person though. If I will not hear freeze/reboots from PH users then I am happy to go. I have not checked the local stores yet, are the local variants shipped with Portico pre-installed?

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
according to the nokia threat at pinoyexchange.com, the PH variants have portico in them. You could go to a Nokia store to see the look and feel of the phone first before buying.

If you have any questions, just ask. :)

albertph

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Got my 920 today, I loved this phone the moment I first saw it (September 2012 around that time). I am pretty disappointed by the low light shots I took, especially since that's where the 920 is supposed to shine

reyfbernardo

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Pogi, I just boiught Lumia 920 two days ago here in Saudi Arabia. The phone is really great just notice about the battery which does not stay long enough for a day but I have read some post here that it will take some time to have the battery works at its best. So I will wait and see but so far I don't have any problem with it and i love this phone! :)

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Got my yellow Lumia 920 last week, and yes it is an awesome phone in every way :) it does come with Portico. So far, I haven't had any problems with my 920. My unit rides Smart's LTE signal but it doesn't ride Globe's, it's weird. But that's all right, I won't be using LTE anyway as it is a battery hog.

@albertph: the Lumia 920 takes the best low light shots vs any mobile phone now hands down (it even beats the new HTC One). You might have been disappointed because you might have set it up wrong. Try checking your settings if they are in night mode, with no flash. A very steady grip (or a phone tripod) helps a lot as low light shots tend to blur with the slightest movement. :)

Last edited:

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently in the Philippines from the UK and I'm sporting a Lumia 920. Bought it from Clove. I'm pretty disappointed with the network speed here. All my accounts are tied to UK region so even though I'm here, I am still paying in GBP (Nokia Music+ - ?3.99 and App Store). I don't mind though as long as I benefit from exclusive services not released here, I'm fine with it. My app store is still showing apps for UK.

What is the Manufacturer Model Name of Lumia 920s here?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently in the Philippines from the UK and I'm sporting a Lumia 920. Bought it from Clove. I'm pretty disappointed with the network speed here. All my accounts are tied to UK region so even though I'm here, I am still paying in GBP (Nokia Music+ - ?3.99 and App Store). I don't mind though as long as I benefit from exclusive services not released here, I'm fine with it. My app store is still showing apps for UK.

What is the Manufacturer Model Name of Lumia 920s here?

What area or city in Philippines ... did you try both Smart and Globe ? - usually Smart is better, but not every area - just test it by yourself ...

Ingat :)

windev

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Globe.

Network speeds here are painfully slow. Can't wait to go back to UK.

And it's pretty darn hot in here.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Globe.

Network speeds here are painfully slow. Can't wait to go back to UK.

And it's pretty darn hot in here.

I wish that I could be in Philippines ... as it is pretty darn cold in here :)

By the way, try to avoid using internet during rush hours there ... it might be still OK on early mornings, like 6 AM ... and try Smart too, it is usually faster one ...

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Got my 920 today, I loved this phone the moment I first saw it (September 2012 around that time). I am pretty disappointed by the low light shots I took, especially since that's where the 920 is supposed to shine

Turn on "night mode", don't leave it on Auto for night shots.

Toink

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! Red Lumia 920 owner here :) Anyone of you familiar with tipidcp.com? There's also a thread discussion there re Lumia 920 :)

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Thanks on all your inputs so far. For those having PH-Variants, are you also having dust getting on the FFC problem?

How dust gets inside your Nokia Lumia 920's front facing camera | Windows Phone Central

Regards,

I'm afraid that the dust problems with the Lumia 920 are not region-specific. I've had a few Filipino cousins of mine already complaining about dust inside the front camera.

Well, so much for Nokia's "high-quality standards" if their flagship phones keep suffering from hardware mishaps like these. I never saw a problem with any lower end Nokia device like the Lumia 820.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss