*This* is why there is dust in your FFC (shame on you, Nokia!)

eeewing

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
(in response to nikosxri)

Well, my remarks are clearly not *untrue*, since I did submit pictures. That said, you're right...I have two co-workers with this phone, who each have no dust issue. I'm on my third Lumia 920 right now, which does not have the dust issue -- although the previous two did. It's purely a matter of whether or not the rubber gasket is properly sealed and keeping dust out of the phone. I wouldn't even go so far as to say that "most" Lumia 920's have this issue, because they don't...but a LOT of them do. A LOT...certainly more so than I'd expect for a premium device.

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Refurbs seem to be immune to this - a month later, no dust, no proximity blank screen in calls when not against head for me. Hopefully they reved the line too.

unfortunately not true. my current phone is a refurb after my first one had a loose case and has now started to accumulate dust.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
If the remarks of the OP were true, then all Lumia 920 would have dust, but this doesnt happen at all.
In fact there are some millions of phones out there, including mine, that have no dust.
maybe you just don't noticed the dust, some people are just 'imperfection blind', I can see a dead pixel on a 1080p screen from 10' away and some people will not see it from 2', maybe you are one of those.. take a close-up picture (with a real camera) of your FFC and lets see it...

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
This is getting ridiculous. I honestly fail to see why people are happy to put up with this sort of thing happening to a phone as expensive as the 920. A lot of it boils down to the fact it is made by a mass production factory which prioritises order number over quality. Its not a real Nokia anyway. Its made in China. A complex device such as the 920 would no doubt be better made if they kept production in Finland, but obviously Nokia are prepared to sacrifice some of their reputation for quality hardware for bigger profits. I keep saying this. HTC are better at build quality phones and when problems do arise they are very quick to sort them out, on the production line.

iphones are made/assembled in china, and they have good build reputation. it's all about quality control. I have dust in mine too, but I never use the cam so it's no big deal. this is also likely a design flaw that allows too much tolerance such that it affects some units but not others.

HTC is made in taiwan, and taiwan has many companies making electronics in china.

like another poster above, the components are international, from korea, japan etc.

i never bought anything made in finland. even if the old nokias I had in the past were not made in finland.

solution2u

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
maybe you just don't noticed the dust, some people are just 'imperfection blind', I can see a dead pixel on a 1080p screen from 10' away and some people will not see it from 2', maybe you are one of those.. take a close-up picture (with a real camera) of your FFC and lets see it...

Not sure why you are assuming all phone got dust ? Mine 1 don't have

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am on my second phone with dust. AT&T did not want to warranty it but after some hassle they called Nokia who said, yes, dust inside phone is eligible for warranty return. But... they wouldn't say it's a "known issue". My guess is they will begin to include sealing the gasket properly as part of the refurb process and in that way begin to reduce the number of dusted phones. AT&T really stepped up for me on this but it took several calls and a lot of my personal time. Good Luck!

Three Dog

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
What build are your phones? I just bought a cyan 920 and am wondering if it'll have the same problem. Mine is labeled 920.2 on the box

Par_T

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Read the thread " Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 Really Stands Out- Especially in Public" (sorry, don't know how to link to that thread) thread. It talks about dust under FFC. It looks like Nokia addressed the problem in their recent models of the 920 (920.3 was referenced). I hope this helps.

dv720

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Really disappointed with Nokia build quality. Blank screen during calls has caused me endless frustration and embarrassment! Constantly apologizing to friends and work contacts for leaving really long voicemail messages (mainly silence and background noise) because I cannot hang up!

sutimcon91

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Does Nokia have any official response on this "dust" thing? Mine starts collecting dust from yesterday and I was looking all around but cannot find any official solution from Nokia. Any idea guys?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion