New (replacement) 920 Lumia.... no updates

johnfishcurtis

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Got my 3 month old Lumia 920 replaced under warrenty for a brand new 920.

All is well but it hasn't updated any apps or OS. I would have thought an OS/Potico update or some of the apps updated? My replaced 920 did 10x updates for apps last week just before being return, should I not see these updates?

bsd107

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I had to also have my 920 replaced under warranty, due to my 920 battery draining/overheating and the phone then completely failing.

The replacement 920 came with the OS up to date, but app updates trickled in over several days. Even many of the nokia applets (in Settings) took days to show up in the update list. Strange, but true...

chiron09

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Just give it some time and the marketplace will notify you when you have the updates. Just out of curiosity did you re-download all apps from your account online?

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Mine is not new, but before last week. Most of the time I will see the updates. Since last week, all of sudden I don't see any updates at all. While my parent's phone, with the same provider as mine can see all the updates. There has been more than 10 apps updates since last week, but mine is not showing. And strangely, ever since the update not showing, the battery drain on my phone has been pretty high and random.
Tried all the tips I can find in this forum, but none of them works. Hard reset is the only thing I haven't tried and I don't want to. Yet.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
There is a bug with store updates. Don't know exact cause because people complain of different issues. Mine stopped updating about two months ago for no reason. Then, magically, couple of weeks ago I started getting tile notifications. All this well after Portico update. I would say, problem is on MS side and not your phone but who knows. One day, the notifications will probably return for no reason. Battery drain is probably something else entirely.

wilsey

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
There is a bug with store updates. Don't know exact cause because people complain of different issues. Mine stopped updating about two months ago for no reason. Then, magically, couple of weeks ago I started getting tile notifications. All this well after Portico update. I would say, problem is on MS side and not your phone but who knows. One day, the notifications will probably return for no reason. Battery drain is probably something else entirely.

True, a lot of people have complained about this. And the exact cause can't be determined yet. Some tips do work for several people but some don't.
Mine has been updated to Portico as well. And before all this bug and battery drain occur, I can easily have 9 background tasks allowed without worrying the battery drain issue. Now I only have 3 allowed and still the battery drain persist.
And, my friend's Lumia has exactly the same problem as mine since a week ago. No apps update notification. And like I mentioned before, my parent's Lumia has the update.
Strange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium