gps takes to much time to lock or wont update location. please help

Shakeel88

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello all.

I find my lumia 920 takes sometimes upto 30 seconds to lock and i noticed this after the here update. When it works its fantastic however sometimes i have also noticed that it will not update my location as im driving.

Any body got any tips on how too fix this

Kind regards

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Try running a different program when it doesn't appear to lock.

E.g. I was out in the car the other day. Ran HERE maps and it was lost showing home. Switched to Nokia Drive and it instantly found me.

Looks like another bug to me...

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I am having similar problems. GPS usually locks in a few seconds, then as I moves, GPS shows I am still in one place? I open then maps or "sports tracker app" just to refresh GPS, sometimes it refresh, sometimes not. Restarted my L920 several times.
So sometimes it works perfectly.
And then again sometimes just cant Lock GPS.
Tried offline. Downloaded map first.
Tried flight mode.
Tried Soft reset.
And I just can not trust it will work when I need it :(

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Same problem as me....I am trying to troubleshoot it. The only solution nokia support offered me was to hard reset it, which I haven't tried.

Can you help me test it out by confirming that you have turned off wifi when this issue occurs? I am testing out the theory that with wifi on, this problem tends to occur whereas with wifi off, the problem doesn't occur.

I have tried both with data on and off and it still recurs. Just wondering whether wifi could be the culprit instead.

Shakeel88

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi i don't think that is the issue with me. I first thought it was the case but its not that either. Before i got the here update is was working a lot better

Shakeel88

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello again. It has nothing to do with a case. It seems now it is very hit and miss wont guide me anywhere

Last edited:

joshuaj11

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue after the HERE maps update ... Before that my navigation was working with no problems ... Now it loses track of my location ..

Shakeel88

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you help me test it out by confirming that you have turned off wifi when this issue occurs? I am testing out the theory that with wifi on, this problem tends to occur whereas with wifi off, the problem doesn't occur.

I have tried both with data on and off and it still recurs. Just wondering whether wifi could be the culprit instead.

Ok i just got home and when i turned on the wifi it picked up the correct location. The wifi help triangulate the location. However with the wifi of it doesnt work

Dinkumschnauger

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Not that this is particularly helpful but...I have the same issue. GPS is real slow to locate me. Also, I'm not sure how to activate the compass, could someone help? Thx

Shakeel88

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I think I may have found a fix. I opened the app and let it sit for a while around a minute it then found my location accurately. I tried this with the maps and drive and also yell.com app. Try this

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I think I have tried everything. Wi-Fi off too....
I can only say, sometimes it works perfectly... sometimes nothing helps, not even restart of phone... it just can't lock GPS. Once I waited for 10 minutes hoping "now" but nothing...... can't really stay parked on a road for a 10 minutes and wait and hope...... :(

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that today I started Here drive, app locked GPS in few sec with precision of 50 meter, then not moving. Turned off Wi-fi and magic happens, Here drive work like a charm.
Anyone else who can confirm that turn off Wi-Fi helps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077