Hi. I got my 920 on the 14th of January and I just realized that the upper area of the earpiece has been chipped off? Is gorilla glass not that strong? Also I got one minor scratch on the display just a few hours after playing with it. The lens on the back is also terribly scratched. Are you guys experiencing the same things and does anyone know where to buy the lens metal area part?

Thanks.

http://sdrv.ms/Y0rncT
    http://sdrv.ms/Y58l4c
    03-09-2013 11:59 AM
    I think the scratch on the back is on a piece of plastic you can peel off.
    I would return the phone with the earpiece if it just fell off, it is not supposed to do that. I have been using my phone for 3 months without any scratches on the screen or back of the phone. I don't use a screen protector.
    03-09-2013 12:22 PM
    It's not directly identifiable and can only be seen in specific angles and in direct light. Plus, Nokia Indonesia does not replace phones with "abusive-used devices" that has "wear-and-tear"
    03-10-2013 07:18 AM
    I think the scratch on the back is on a piece of plastic you can peel off.
    I would return the phone with the earpiece if it just fell off, it is not supposed to do that. I have been using my phone for 3 months without any scratches on the screen or back of the phone. I don't use a screen protector.
    Yeah, I figured out it was some kind of sticker but there are no parts dealer who sells them :(
    03-10-2013 07:30 AM
    It is not supposed to be there, if that is the plastic that is there when the phone is new. I have removed mine, and have never got any scratches on the plate.
    03-10-2013 07:33 AM
    Nope, the phone did not come with any plastic covering the back chrome plate.
    03-12-2013 12:04 AM
    wow what have you been doing to your phone? where have you been keeping it? the camera lens is really hard to scratch due to its small size and the metal camera strip is made from a tough scratch resistant material as well :-/ same goes with the gorilla glass that you have chipped :-/ from the pictures it really doesn't seem as though you've looked after your 920?

hopefully you sort something out but I don't know if there is anything you can do mate??
    03-12-2013 01:33 AM
    It's not a sticker - it's a protective piece of clear plastic tape.

Peel it off.....

Yeah, I figured out it was some kind of sticker but there are no parts dealer who sells them :(
    03-12-2013 04:46 AM
    There is no plastic tape. I guess this type of material is prone to scratch by placing on marble floors :( (I've used the phone unprotected for about a month after purchase)
    03-16-2013 10:16 AM
    In my pocket. Head-to-head with my XPERIA S. The lens itself is not scratched, but the strip is. However, the side buttons, which is allegedly made from the same material shows absolutely no scratches.
    03-16-2013 10:17 AM
    In my pocket. Head-to-head with my XPERIA S. The lens itself is not scratched, but the strip is. However, the side buttons, which is allegedly made from the same material shows absolutely no scratches.
    Ok, first of all laying your phone on a marble floor with a case on (It's clear from the phone you have a case on) isn't going to scratch that metal strip. You can also tell from the "rainbow" effect on the picture of the back, and the way it's bunched up on the bottom of the strip, you still have the protective film on the metal plate that ships with it.
    As for the front...based on the amount scratches on the screen protector, the dust that's collected on the edge of the case, and the color of the ear piece...this is one abused phone.
    03-16-2013 12:32 PM
    Wow you've certainly abused that phone
    03-16-2013 12:40 PM
    As I've said before, I've used the phone for more than a month before finally buying a case. And only American 920s come with that clear plastic (or at least the Indonesian ones don't.) Plus, if you watch Pocketnow's after the buzz video of the 920, he also had the same type of scratches. I'm not complaining since this is a great phone (except for the obvious XBOX Music issue and lack of apps) but I just thought that the community should be more aware of what is going on around these 920s.
    03-17-2013 05:46 AM
    My inspire 4g did 100000000000 times better than this "strong" Gorilla glass!
    03-17-2013 10:45 PM
    Lumia 920 has a very weak screen. It can scratch easily and shatter too. The front has no protection for the screen. Lumia 900 has much stronger screen.
    03-17-2013 10:51 PM
    ^This. I just dropped my phone from a very short distance and it hit in just the right spot at the right amount of force to crack it. My iPhone has taken much more terrible spills and from much higher altitudes and survived with only minor scratches. Insurance is replacing it but I voiced how disappointed I was at the low resistance. I'm not saying it should survive throwing it against the wall but it should be able to survive the occasional fall from a short height. It is a portable device after all.
    03-17-2013 11:08 PM
    I can confirm that the "metal" part at the back scratches easily as well. my 1st device was scratched badly. my 2nd has no scratch because I have a skin on the phone and it raises the phone from the surface it's resting on. meaning, the "metal" now doesn't touch whatever the phone is lying on directly anymore.
    you should send the phone in for warranty replacement.
    03-17-2013 11:15 PM
    ^This. I just dropped my phone from a very short distance and it hit in just the right spot at the right amount of force to crack it. My iPhone has taken much more terrible spills and from much higher altitudes and survived with only minor scratches. Insurance is replacing it but I voiced how disappointed I was at the low resistance. I'm not saying it should survive throwing it against the wall but it should be able to survive the occasional fall from a short height. It is a portable device after all.
    I think its maybe because of the glass being curved a little at the edges. **Just a wild guess**. But its really scratch resistant, or well, at least at my end it is. I haven't been using a screen protector since day one, loving the feel and got no scratches, and I feel like I wont if I take care of it.
    03-18-2013 12:37 AM
    Hi. I got my 920 on the 14th of January and I just realized that the upper area of the earpiece has been chipped off? Is gorilla glass not that strong? Also I got one minor scratch on the display just a few hours after playing with it. The lens on the back is also terribly scratched. Are you guys experiencing the same things and does anyone know where to buy the lens metal area part?

Thanks.

http://sdrv.ms/Y0rncT
    http://sdrv.ms/Y58l4c
    Is that grey?!?!?!?
    03-18-2013 01:01 AM
    No. It's just the CC-1043 case by Nokia.
    03-18-2013 04:48 AM
    As I've said before, Nokia Indonesia doesn't accept replacements for scratched-but-functioning devices, and I'm not willing to break my phone to get a replacement. Plus, there are no such thing as replacements in here. They just open up the phone, fix it, then return it to the owner. So, the screen and the back casing will stay the same.
    03-18-2013 04:49 AM