My oh my, the mics on the 920 are good! I've seen video samples before and thought they were impressive, but looking at my own videos (having known the conditions in the room), I really am blown away.

I went to see a Led Zeppelin cover band last night, so I thought I'd test out my phone's video capabilities. As you can imagine, it was very loud in there, and I was right near the front, about three feet from a speaker. Unfortunately, the auto-focus seemed a bit dodgy - I think maybe the stage lights were throwing it off. But the sound quality is fantastic, especially considering my proximity to one of the speakers. If I had done this on my Omnia 7(or any of my old phones), the audio would be completely blown out and utterly unusable. Not so here. Here's a couple of short clips (hoping skydrive links work):

Heartbreaker
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...IADrz3VeFnmP4M

Black Dog
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...NiBLeRxjqKk1Z8

I have another video of Dazed and Confused, for which I turned off continuous AF. The video came out a bit sharper, but it was still a bit off. It's too big for Skydrive, so I'm uploading it to Youtube. I'll edit it in when it's done.
    EDIT - here's the Dazed vid:

As for the band, they were really good, even if they did lapse into freeform jazz exploration territory a bit too often; Dazed and Confused became a fifteen minute jam, for example.

EDIT - I probably should've posted this in the Lumia 920 pics/videos thread, but it didn't occur to me at the time. Forgive meeeee!
    Last edited by KHROMAsynthetik; 03-10-2013 at 09:59 AM.
    03-10-2013 09:29 AM
    The audio quality is amazing considering it's recorded on a mobile phone. Nice one!
    KHROMAsynthetik likes this.
    03-10-2013 09:37 AM
    Thanks! I really was amazed. I thought I was asking a bit too much of it, seeing as I was right in front of the speaker, but it performed like a champ!
    03-10-2013 10:00 AM
    Well, this thread may be all but ignored, but I am going to carry on regardless ;)

I have a couple more live music samples from my Lumia 920 if anyone's interested. I went to the Jager gig last night and caught some video of Gojira and Ghost. For some reason, Youtube's squashed them down to 480p and won't let me select a higher resolution - the raw files look far better. But the audio is still impressive, even more so than the last few vids I linked, as this was a proper gig at Brixton Academy.

If you're interested, enjoy!

EDIT - Oh, apparently higher resolutions have now appeared! Make sure to bump it up.
    Bee Mon likes this.
    03-25-2013 07:59 AM
    Apparently I'm only allowed to link one video per post, so here's the other one:

Bee Mon likes this.
    03-25-2013 08:00 AM
    This is very nice, I've also recorded some and was very impressed.
    KHROMAsynthetik likes this.
    03-25-2013 11:14 AM
    Thanks. It's a really impressive device!
    03-25-2013 12:35 PM