Firstly I appologise if this has been raised before but I'm new here!!
    I have the fantastic 920... just brilliant!
    One thing I'd like to know is can I install all my apps from 'GOOGLE PLAY APPS'?
    I can't seem to find a way to do it.
    Any help would be much appreciated!
    03-10-2013 05:06 PM
    No you can't.
    Google play is for Android phones.

Lumia 920 is a Windows Phone. You can't run Android apps on Windows Phone.
    03-10-2013 05:09 PM
    Thats what I thought... shame!
    Thanks for getting back to me....
    03-10-2013 05:13 PM
    Thats what I thought... shame!
    Thanks for getting back to me....
    Why would we want Android apps on WP anyway? Their design language makes my skin crawl!
    03-10-2013 06:25 PM
    Can u install ur windows phone apps on ur android phone? Or ios apps on android phone? No they are different OSes and that's not shame at all...
    03-10-2013 06:31 PM
    People, please be nice. Don't be condescending either.

To the OP, no you can't unfortunately. There are three environments. Google, Apple and Microsoft. You can't cross into one another. I agree, it is a shame that you can't otherwise I wouldn't have to deal with the crappy PDF reader and have access to many cool apps that I have on my Nexus 7.
    Faragondk likes this.
    03-10-2013 08:46 PM
    Can u install ur windows phone apps on ur android phone? Or ios apps on android phone? No they are different OSes and that's not shame at all...
    That s not the point. You can install android apps to BlackBerry OS 10. Its not about OS about MS policy.

And sorry man you cant.
    03-10-2013 09:38 PM
    People, please be nice. Don't be condescending either.

To the OP, no you can't unfortunately. There are three environments. Google, Apple and Microsoft. You can't cross into one another. I agree, it is a shame that you can't otherwise I wouldn't have to deal with the crappy PDF reader and have access to many cool apps that I have on my Nexus 7.
    Three!? You forgot the platform represented by the people in your avatar!
    03-10-2013 10:04 PM
    Unfortunately, we can't. :( We're behind Google Play app count, but we're getting there!

Once we catch up, we'll have just as good, or better quality apps! I'm glad you're liking the 920! :) What colour did you get?
    03-10-2013 10:42 PM
    I'm sorry OP, but this question seems a bit ignorant. Everyone should know that Android applications do not work with Windows Phone because WP apps use Windows NT, a different app environment that Android simply doesn't use.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with Windows Phone right now.

I love WP's stylish Metro/Modern UI and the integration with Microsoft services, but hate the meager amount of applications available in the marketplace, not to mention the amount of crapware you can find there.
    03-10-2013 10:52 PM