Maps and Navigation problem

Alexander Cahuaya

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm kinda dislinking this HERE maps experience. I thought it would be the same as in Nokia Maps, which I have used for years on my Nokia N8 and N9. I live in Paraguay and I was always able to use navigation here. But with HERE it does not work, it says that navigation is not available in my country! I thought that it would be the same app as they are all from nokia... Same maps and same experience? Nop. I was wrong... Or am I missing sth here? Thanks in advance and sorry for the poor english!

Dave Adeth

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
yea there are a couple of issues with Here maps. i didn't wanted to upgrade from Nokia Maps. but i misread one of the reviews that showcased a new feature and i was wrong.
guess we will have to wait for a future fixes. in the mean time. if you have a wp7 device, use that first

Alexander Cahuaya

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I just wnet into the app and I do have a Global liscence but apparently they stopped supporting my country as seen in the app of available countries within the So called globpal liscence...

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just wnet into the app and I do have a Global liscence but apparently they stopped supporting my country as seen in the app of available countries within the So called globpal liscence...

Did you take contact to Nokia about that ? - did you send any feedback for them (you can do that through Here Maps apps, just click feedback and then you can write them your experience and even ask them to reply you) ...

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
seems like your app is messed up. All nokia phones receive the same license except the cheapest L520. If you have the map, then it should be working.

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
The thing is that the maps do work as you can look for places in the mapp app. But this same places are not available through the other search optionssuch as the bing search. I can even use City Lens. The problem is that the navigation is not available when i load drive+

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The thing is that the maps do work as you can look for places in the mapp app. But this same places are not available through the other search optionssuch as the bing search. I can even use City Lens. The problem is that the navigation is not available when i load drive+
That's why it is still called BETA. During Beta, navigation is only available in limited few countries, not ALL. And since this Drive+ is available to all WP8 phones, not just Nokia phones, I doubt it will ever be available to all countries for free. Nokia still needs to work out the licensing deal with Microsoft and other phone makers I guess.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's why it is still called BETA. During Beta, navigation is only available in limited few countries, not ALL. And since this Drive+ is available to all WP8 phones, not just Nokia phones, I doubt it will ever be available to all countries for free. Nokia still needs to work out the licensing deal with Microsoft and other phone makers I guess.
He is using a Lumia dude. MS has nothing to do with it. If you have the map you will have the turn by turn. Drive+ is just an app to provide the a turn by turn UI, and both Map and Drive+ beta are based on the same set of maps.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
He is using a Lumia dude. MS has nothing to do with it. If you have the map you will have the turn by turn. Drive+ is just an app to provide the a turn by turn UI, and both Map and Drive+ beta are based on the same set of maps.

It has nothing to do with map data, dude. Read the disclaimer from the Nokia :
Available for users in the US, the UK, Canada, Mexico, France, Italy, Spain and Germany

Turn by turn navigation is a separate license type and typically cost extra.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It has nothing to do with map data, dude. Read the disclaimer from the Nokia :

Turn by turn navigation is a separate license type and typically cost extra.
those are for Here Drive Beta
all second gen Lumia except 520 have the global license from day one for Here Drive+ Beta. 520 and all other brand's WP8 will get Here Drive Beta that is restricted service area based on sim card.
Unfortunately neither of them is supporting Paraguay where OP lives. Stop confusing him.

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/product/nokia-drive-plus/
[url]http://www.nokia.com/my-en/support/troubleshooting/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA140808_en_US

[/URL]

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
those are for Here Drive Beta
all second gen Lumia except 520 have the global license from day one for Here Drive+ Beta. 520 and all other brand's WP8 will get Here Drive Beta that is restricted service area based on sim card.
Unfortunately neither of them is supporting Paraguay where OP lives. Stop confusing him.

http://www.nokia.com/us-en/support/product/nokia-drive-plus/
[url]http://www.nokia.com/my-en/support/troubleshooting/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA140808_en_US

[/URL]

Thank you guys for the help! I really appreciate it... I was jsut pointing out that the navigation system does work on my N8 and N9. I find it really silly not to be able to use it in my Lumia. Or is this some kind of arrangement with MS?

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you guys for the help! I really appreciate it... I was jsut pointing out that the navigation system does work on my N8 and N9. I find it really silly not to be able to use it in my Lumia. Or is this some kind of arrangement with MS?
The symbian and meego version were all together different with the WP nav package. I assume Nokia have to land a new deal with local authorities as the old deal might be bundled with former OS that operates the app.

strogg tony

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I'm from Paraguay too and this new HERE Drive is annoying! Now I have a Lumia 920 and couldn't use the "navigation turn-by-turn".
BUT the worst thing is that when I had my Lumia 800 with NOKIA Drive it's actually worked!!
So this thing of "licenses" is very annoying!! I understand that is a "Beta".. but what I couldn't understand is why the same app with just other name now not support our Country.
Now it remains only to wait until they support AGAIN Paraguay.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)