About Vietnam 920 LTE

dmt123

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Also bought my black Lumia 920 from Vietnam and I?m having massive problems getting the LTE work here in Finland where I live.
I?ve tried about 5 different software/firmware versions of which every one has worked but not the LTE. No other options in settings-mobile network-highest connection speed than 2G only and 3G only.
I?m starting to suspect that the Lumia they sell in Vietnam actually has no LTE support at all.. Trying out the newer 1308 firmwares at this very moment.
Good luck and let me know if you get yours to work :)

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
Also bought my black Lumia 920 from Vietnam and I?m having massive problems getting the LTE work here in Finland where I live.
I?ve tried about 5 different software/firmware versions of which every one has worked but not the LTE. No other options in settings-mobile network-highest connection speed than 2G only and 3G only.
I?m starting to suspect that the Lumia they sell in Vietnam actually has no LTE support at all.. Trying out the newer 1308 firmwares at this very moment.
Good luck and let me know if you get yours to work :)

you can try 1308 Apac Hong Kong version. it has 4G support, im using it right now.

download (4).jpg

dmt123

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok no luck with the hong kong software either :/ And sorry kcjzj007 for kind of highjacking your thread.
Same as always; i dont get 4g option in highest connection speed at all. If i go to field test menu (##3282+call) and settings, i can select 4g only from there but as soon as i leave that menu, the value changes back to whatever it was before i chose 4g..
So far i have tried like 5-7 different softwares of many different countries including finnish (where I live) and it is always the same thing. I even got new sim card today from the local shop, just in case..
If been in contact with nokia customer care and they told me (and it is written over internet in many places) that there are only 3 different models of lumia 920. The US at&t model (US specific LTE frequencies), chinese 920 (no LTE at all) and the rest are the global models with LTE octaband support on hardware level. LTE can be disabled in software by some countries and operators, but changing the software to another countrys model should enable the LTE. Just not in my case..
If anyone has any ideas what else i could do, i would appreciate any help!

rsacul

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you tried the ROM called "Global Black or White Swap"?

059Q5D1 RM-821 GLOBAL MAGENTA SWAP
059Q5D0 RM-821 GLOBAL CYAN SWAP
059Q5C6 RM-821 GLOBAL BLACK SWAP
059Q5C8 RM-821 GLOBAL YELLOW SWAP
059P632 RM-821 LIGHT SWAP ENG GLOBAL
059Q5C7 RM-821 GLOBAL WHITE SWAP
059Q5C9 RM-821 GLOBAL RED SWAP
059Q5D2 RM-821 GLOBAL GREY SWAP

I have the same issue with the Lumia 1020 but for this one it is not available the Global Swap on Nokia Tool. Please try it and tell me if that woks with your phone. With that at least I will have some hope for my phone.

Regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss