Stuff I Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

eb98jdb

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I've just upgraded from a BB to a Nokia 920 and love it - there are some things I miss though / think could be improved. Are there any suggestions you guys have that could help?

1) Battery life overall seems quite poor. Even when not in active use the battery seems to drain. I would certainly get less than a days use from the phone even without much use with location and wifi turned off. Are there any magical tips to improve battery life?

2) Email - I use a number of sub-folders in Outlook to manage mail automatically. It seems on WP8 you can't see email going into those folders unless you directly look at the folder / pin the folder to the start screen. I don't want to have 7 different folders pinned to my start screen which might only get updated every couple of days, nor do I want to have to check folders individually. Is there any way around this? E.g. can I be alerted to new emails to sub-folders directly in my inbox

3) Auto On and Off - my BB used to switch itself on and off automatically at pre-programmed times. I don't seem to be able to replicate this on WP8 which would help a little with the battery life issue.

4) Alarms - the Alarms don't switch the phone back on e.g. if the phone is off, it'll wait until it's switched back on to make the alarm sound. Is there a way to make it sound even if the phone is off?

Thanks for any help

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
3&4... don't turn off the phone.

1) are you allowing Nokia Drive or any other GPS app to run in the background? Settings/Swipe left to Applications and see what's running in the background.

2) In email, tap ... and then Folders and you'll see all subscribed folders with current count of unread email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb