Not getting picture texts from iPhone users

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I haven't posted in this thread for awhile, so please excuse me if this has already been answered. I have a 920 (obviously) with AT&T, but recently I have been unable to get picture texts (I notice they are coming in from iPhone users). I noticed this after getting texts from a few iPhone users asking if I ever got his or her picture text. I don't what the problem is and was wondering if anyone had a solution. This seems to be fairly new, as this was never a problem before. I am able to SEND picture texts to all users (iPhone users included) without a problem.

Thanks in advance!

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Talked to a rep from Nokia Care...it was almost like she didn't know the phone I was using...sending me to screens a WP8 doesn't have...problem was not solved.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Talked to a rep from Nokia Care...it was almost like she didn't know the phone I was using...sending me to screens a WP8 doesn't have...problem was not solved.

You should ask for Nokia WP rep. They still do have symbian (Asha?) phones being manufactured in abundance-ish.

It's not a Nokia thing though. I am sure many HTC et al. guys have same issue with iPhone users from time to time. Search will bring up a few similar threads.

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Out of interest, did you have an iPhone before moving to your windows phone? And if so, did you use iMessage? I ask because I had problems when I moved from iOS to WP, as my iPhone using friends phones continued to try and send messages using iMessage instead if revering back to SMS/MMS.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Out of interest, did you have an iPhone before moving to your windows phone? And if so, did you use iMessage? I ask because I had problems when I moved from iOS to WP, as my iPhone using friends phones continued to try and send messages using iMessage instead if revering back to SMS/MMS.

+1

Same thing happened to me. If you did previously have an iphone, go back into settings on it, go to imessage and turn it off. Fixed my problems.

Mason Wright

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No I had a WP7 before this 920. So your saying I need to tell the iPhone user to go in and change the settings on their phone? If so, let me know and I will pass this information to them.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't posted in this thread for awhile, so please excuse me if this has already been answered. I have a 920 (obviously) with AT&T, but recently I have been unable to get picture texts (I notice they are coming in from iPhone users). I noticed this after getting texts from a few iPhone users asking if I ever got his or her picture text. I don't what the problem is and was wondering if anyone had a solution. This seems to be fairly new, as this was never a problem before. I am able to SEND picture texts to all users (iPhone users included) without a problem.Thanks in advance!
So. Easy fix. Your friends need to upgrade to professional grade. Get them a Lumia 920.Lol in all seriousness I don't know. Good luck to ya!

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
No, the problem occurs only if the iPhone that is sending the message has previously sent to the same telephone number that was previously an iPhone. If you have never had an iPhone associated with your number, the problem is something else.

cynincallass

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I recently upgarded to an iPhone 5. My boyfriend recently switched from iPhone to Lumia 920. Suddenly he is not getting pics from any iPhone users at all. He assumed it was his phone and took it to AT&T for diagnostic. They say the problems does not lie with his device. So I ask the Google and found this thread. I did as instructed above and changed the settings in my phone, asking it to no longer believe his device is an iPhone. No change.

Advice anyone???

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I recently upgarded to an iPhone 5. My boyfriend recently switched from iPhone to Lumia 920. Suddenly he is not getting pics from any iPhone users at all. He assumed it was his phone and took it to AT&T for diagnostic. They say the problems does not lie with his device. So I ask the Google and found this thread. I did as instructed above and changed the settings in my phone, asking it to no longer believe his device is an iPhone. No change.

Advice anyone???

He has to go back to his iPhone and turn off iMessage. Turning off the settings on your iPhone won't help. Go to settings>messages>iMessage and turn it off on his old iPhone.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

Advice anyone???

As said in the other message, he has to put HIS sim from his Lumia 920 into an iPhone and do the steps outlined. Sadly he can not use your iPhone 5 because it has a NanoSim and the Lumia 920 is a MicroSIM.

So, throw the SIM into his old phone or a friend's phone.
Go to settings>messages>iMessage and turn it off on his old iPhone.

cynincallass

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm. This just started happening within the past month. He sold his old phone last November when he made the switch so there is no way that what you are suggesting could work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo