03-15-2013 09:29 PM
31 12
tools
    Don't change the subject. Can't point which statement that I'm contradicting myself? If you can show it, then I'll apologize if I made a wrong statement.

Hmm.. assuming is very dangerous. None of your explanation has anything to do with what I mentioned. We are talking about current not voltage.
    But just to enlighten you, voltage in your house can change. For example, if you're in America, the standard household voltage will be 120 V, but if you use a lot of high power devices, the voltage will drop. So it won't always be 120 V. Unless you install a Voltage Regulator in your house, then it will maintain the voltage at 120 V.
    my man, stop talking while you're ahead of your self. "So those "many circuitry" between the battery and the power source ARE what regulate what the battery needs" hence my comment about series and parallel circuits and stuff. you either don't understand english, or that text was beyond your level of comprehension. you're correct about the voltage dropping in america. that's not due to stress in your house. it's due to the power transformer at what ever place you get electricity from. i can plug everything in my house on 1 plug and they WILL all get 120 V.
    03-13-2013 08:25 PM
    Exactly, if the charge rate is too high, it will put too much stress on the battery. Hence, the reduce lifetime.
    For storage of the Lithium based battery, it is true. The battery must not be fully charged, charge it at around 40 % if the battery is going to be stored for quite some time.
    However, it does not need to be drain and recharge often. Lithium does not have "memory effect". The purpose is just to calibrate the battery reading for the OS to read. As draining the Lithium-based battery, will also put too much stress on the battery. The best practice is too charge whenever you can. We don't need to wait until battery reach low level to charge.
    Draining and Recharging is only useful for NiMH battery as that type of battery has "memory effect". It needs to be drained completely to know where is the low level and then fully charge it to know the top level.
    I wasn't referring to the memory effect. Lithium Ion and LiPo batteries will work best and have greater life if you never fully discharge them and do not overcharge them, ie keep them plugged in all the time. They need shallow discharges and charges for maximum lifespan. This is not always feasible however and there really is nothing wrong with leaving them charging overnight. I have seen so many laptop batteries killed in less than a year because people never let them run off the battery and current phones are no different. when you "fast charge" you will generate more heat in the battery and that will decrease it's lifespan I promise you.
    rimlover likes this.
    03-13-2013 08:49 PM
    If English isn't you're first language then I'll take the time to explain. Otherwise, meh.
    Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express
    It's ok, if you don't want to explain.

my man, stop talking while you're ahead of your self. "So those "many circuitry" between the battery and the power source ARE what regulate what the battery needs" hence my comment about series and parallel circuits and stuff. you either don't understand english, or that text was beyond your level of comprehension. you're correct about the voltage dropping in america. that's not due to stress in your house. it's due to the power transformer at what ever place you get electricity from. i can plug everything in my house on 1 plug and they WILL all get 120 V.
    I'm sorry if my english level is too hard for your to understand.
    Well.. it's ok if you don't agree with my statement. I am not asking you to agree with what I wrote. And you have the right to say what's your opinion.

I wasn't referring to the memory effect. Lithium Ion and LiPo batteries will work best and have greater life if you never fully discharge them and do not overcharge them, ie keep them plugged in all the time. They need shallow discharges and charges for maximum lifespan. This is not always feasible however and there really is nothing wrong with leaving them charging overnight. I have seen so many laptop batteries killed in less than a year because people never let them run off the battery and current phones are no different. when you "fast charge" you will generate more heat in the battery and that will decrease it's lifespan I promise you.
    Exactly. Charging too fast will cause the battery to heat up, and it will decrease the battery's life.
    I'm sorry, when I wrote about the draining and recharging, I wasn't referring the memory effect with your statement. I was just adding additional statement from my perspective.
    03-14-2013 03:26 AM
    I know there have have been many threads on the battery topic, but i couldnt really found an answer to the follow issue. I recently got a Satechi 2A car charger with an"quick charge" adapter - Satechi ST-2412 Car Lighter USB Charger Adapter with Smart Converter for iPad 2, iPhone 4, Android Phones, Samsung Galaxy Tab, BlackBerry Playbook, HTC Flyer. The adapter is in fact enabling the cable to act as "Charge only", instead of data & charge. The results are quite spectacular - I get a rate of about 10% per 10 minutes of charging. Moreover, i can use Drive+ and stream music over LTE and phone is still charging on positive (charge intake is higher than consumption). However, I'm noticing a decrease in battery life..., dont have exact numbers yet...but just a general feeling. Also, seems that wireless charging is slower than before. I used to be able to charge the phone in about 2 hours. Now, i kept it about 1.5 hours and went from 40% to only 80%.

Any ideas? Should i refrain from using the car charger?..or just keep it to when i really need it.

You can't 'chose' to charge your phone at a certain amperage. The newer USB 3.0 spec calls for 2.1 amps, which larger devices such as the iPad require to be able to charge at all. Plugging an iPad into a 1 amp port will never get it to charge.

The device (iPad, Lumia, etc.) has built in circuitry/logic based on the USB standard and will draw the correct amount of power that it needs to be able to charge and also maintain the charge once the battery is full. If it charges quicker on a 2 amp port, that's what I would use.

As long as you are plugging into a USB port, don't worry about it.
    xtrip likes this.
    03-14-2013 01:51 PM
    It's ok, if you don't want to explain.

I'm sorry if my english level is too hard for your to understand.
    Well.. it's ok if you don't agree with my statement. I am not asking you to agree with what I wrote. And you have the right to say what's your opinion.

Exactly. Charging too fast will cause the battery to heat up, and it will decrease the battery's life.
    I'm sorry, when I wrote about the draining and recharging, I wasn't referring the memory effect with your statement. I was just adding additional statement from my perspective.
    i don't agree with your statements because they don't follow science. it's just your made up believes that you think are right. good day to you sir.
    03-14-2013 02:19 PM
    Yes not charging the battery well can reduce its life. please visit http://vehiclebattery.com. Motorcycle and Golf Cart Batteries[/url] to learn more on charging the battery . I hope this will be helpful.
    03-15-2013 09:29 PM
31 12