So I decided I wanted to have an unlimited data plan without the hassle of downloading a new language every time on AT&T just to tether. So finally switched back to T-mobile this morning.
    I have an unlimited 4G data plan (should be getting LTE soon) and was wondering if anyone is able to tether without any issues. If you are could you please tell me if you changed any APN settings or did anything extra to allow tethering. Thanks
    03-12-2013 10:27 AM
    I have (had) a developer BUILD phone. I managed to connect my Surface RT (also from BUILD) to the phone, but IE10 on the tablet was redirected to TMobile site to sign up for the hotspot service. This was back in Nov. I decided to pay for the service so I pay $45 month.

On Android, there are browser plugin to fake the browser type to bypass the check. Maybe if I could use a vpn I can bypass that, but there is no vpn client I can use on SurfaceRT.
    03-12-2013 10:30 PM
    Yeah that's what I am thinking, it kind of sucks that android can do it but if we have a windows 8 phone we cant. I have a unlocked Lumia 920 from Rogers so I am hoping that I can still do it but only time will tell. Also why are you paying that much? I can pay $25 to tether but instead of limited I get 5GB at 4G speeds.
    03-13-2013 12:27 AM
    Also why are you paying that much? I can pay $25 to tether but instead of limited I get 5GB at 4G speeds.
    $30 (unlimited data, throttled after 5GB at 4G/H+) + $15 tethering service.
    $45 is not bad if tethering was reliable, but it is spotty during transit. I would cancel the hotspot service if I don't think I am getting enough value from it.
    03-15-2013 09:58 PM