Can we start a positive thread?

lita_g

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about you all, but whenever people see my yellow Lumia and say "that's a nice case!" I start bragging how it's not a case, and how wonderful the whole phone is. If I run into anyone that's not certain about the camera, I show them some of my videos. Any other phone out there is terrible at recording videos in loud settings, especially concerts or night clubs, the Lumia though, it records sound that seems better than what I heard with my own ears! lol.

Here's a sample of why I love the Lumia camera (watch on 1080p of course): Cosmic Gate - Easy - Roxy Orlando - YouTube

No issues with dust in FFC, and my battery goes down to about 60% or so by the end of the day, I still charge it so I don't have to carry a charger to work.

About lockups, mine hasn't locked up, but I had to do a hard reset a couple weeks ago and it took about 10 or so hours. My only problem with the phone so far, which is what caused me to do the hard reset, is that my Hotmail is not syncing anymore, the hard reset fixed the issue for a few days but it's happening again. It's a software issue though, which is why I never trusted WP8, but I do love the hardware on this beast <3

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
My release day 920 (nov '12) was fine until it got the proximity sensor dead+full dust/non functional ff camera issue. I believe there was a manufacturing issue that was addressed which cased some of the early units to have one or both of these problems.

My refurbed 920 that replaced it has been trouble free.

This experience matches my Apple iPhone 4 experience - that device's camera failed within 3 months, and the refurb/swap from apple is still going strong now 3 years later (I use the iP4 as my media player at the gym ;) )

Bottom line - all these devices have the potential for hardware issues.

gwip

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
-Camera issues (quality isn't what is claimed)
-Dust issues (both for the proximity sensor and FFC)
-Locking up issues after update
-Battery Issues

Is this just the frustrated yelling louder than the content?

Is this just a small percent of the 920 owners or is this the majority?

-Kryptonite

Camera Issues: None really. It has some flaws but it's camera phone and amazing for what it is! Hands down better than any other phone I've touched and it blows the iPhone out of the water.
Dust issues: Only with the FFC but my iphone had issues with dust in the main camera as well.
Locking up: Mine hangs from time to time and has reset itself 2-3 times since launch. But, so did the iphone. In fact, I could count on it hanging on me at some point through the day and I lost count how many resets I had to do on it to fix some random issue or to just get it to respond.
Battery issues: At launch it was all over the place but eventually settled in and now I get great battery life and with the charging pad I've never run out of battery when needed. But guess what? Yep, iPhone wasn't any better, I'd say it got slightly less out of the battery than my 920 does but without an easy charging option I was almost always out of juice by the days end.

It's just the frustrated yelling. It's a phone for crying out loud and we're on the verge of full fledged computers in our pockets. The 920, in my opinion, is the best phone to date. Light years ahead of Apple in terms of features and probably makes a strong case for the best on the market as well. We've all heard it but I'll say it again. The technology we have been blessed with in the last 15 years is killing common sense. People now have an entitlement attitude because of everything being so accessible. People want everyone to know that they have been screwed! I love my technology, I really do but some days I just wish we could go back to land phones and snail mail and knock a little common sense into some people.

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 920 is great. Camera still surprises me, battery lasts 1.5 days, never locked up or anything, only a few particles of dust under FFC.

x I'm tc

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
-Camera issues (quality isn't what is claimed)
-Dust issues (both for the proximity sensor and FFC)
-Locking up issues after update
-Battery Issues

Is this just the frustrated yelling louder than the content?

There is always an element of this, but it is absolutely true that all Lumia 920s suffer from poorer-than-advertised camera, dust in the front-facing camera and proximity sensory, issues with crashing and sporadic battery drain. I believe that since Windows Phone is a locked-down system, there really can't be significant variance between individuals' phones, so the fact that it is true on the multiple Lumia 920s I know of (including my own) means it must be true for all. The thing is, it just doesn't bother some people.

You see, for many people, the camera is good enough, the front facing camera isn't much used and their proximity sensor continues to work just fine, the number of crashes is totally manageable, and the battery drain hasn't happened on an occasion to burn them. For these folk, it is a good phone.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
unicorn.jpg

In all seriousness, I love my 920 for its audio quality and the instant social notifications(facebook toast notifications pending >_<)

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile and I bought a Lumia 920 and have been trying since the beginning of the year to get it unlocked. I passed up on the 8x because of the issues I had with my HD7 and because of the support I see Nokia giving to its customers but now I see all these threads about the L920 coming out that are for lack of a better word, heartbreaking.-Camera issues (quality isn't what is claimed)-Dust issues (both for the proximity sensor and FFC)-Locking up issues after update-Battery IssuesIs this just the frustrated yelling louder than the content? Is this just a small percent of the 920 owners or is this the majority?-Kryptonite
Phone is rock solid. Fast, no problems yet, and it's beautiful. :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett