Can we start a positive thread?

PicodeGalla

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile and I bought a Lumia 920 and have been trying since the beginning of the year to get it unlocked. I passed up on the 8x because of the issues I had with my HD7 and because of the support I see Nokia giving to its customers but now I see all these threads about the L920 coming out that are for lack of a better word, heartbreaking.

-Camera issues (quality isn't what is claimed)
-Dust issues (both for the proximity sensor and FFC)
-Locking up issues after update
-Battery Issues

Is this just the frustrated yelling louder than the content?

Is this just a small percent of the 920 owners or is this the majority?

-Kryptonite

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Well lets see...

I love the camera
No dust issues
No lock ups, but it did brick on me once after a hard reset, but got a new replacement
I have long battery life

PicodeGalla

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Alright that's 1 lets keep'em coming!!! Although you still had one that bricked...I bought mine from tigerdirect.com not sure if I will get the same warranty unless I go through nokia.

justinm001

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
No issues what so ever. Amazing pictures. I'm an it guy and take a ton of pics from paper and computer screens (serial numbers). And its perfect every time. We used it instead of the $1500 dslr when at auto show.

Only issue is a couple 3rd party apps cause the phone to lock up like 4 times total. Just wish there were a few more apps
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am on T-Mobile and I bought a Lumia 920 and have been trying since the beginning of the year to get it unlocked. I passed up on the 8x because of the issues I had with my HD7 and because of the support I see Nokia giving to its customers but now I see all these threads about the L920 coming out that are for lack of a better word, heartbreaking.

-Battery Issues

-Kryptonite

My Camera is GREAT!
Don't have any dust!
Never has locked up!
The battery status level is quacky, but the battery last me a day or more with moderate use. txt, email, browsing, weather, calendar and email updating.

I love this phone! :cool:

Just thinking back. My wife was on a road trip with her aunt a mother Saturday. They were riding in new subdivisions looking at new houses. My wife was in the back seat. Every time they got lost, (that's an under statement) my wife had her 920 gps thing going on, getting them back out to the main roads, and back home.

Any way. If you don't enjoy adventure, get another phone!

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
AT&T black 920, purchased on launch day in the US. No camera issues (quite the opposite - best camera in any phone I've ever had), no dust issues, I think (I never use the FFC), No locking up/freezing/restarting/etc. No battery issues unless I'm on LTE, in which case I go into Field Test Mode and disable LTE (Hear that AT&T? Re-enable that option in the settings, please!!).

I love my phone!

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Camera is amazing
No dust
Not locking up issues, portico update was already installed when I bought it
In first few days battery was not that much good, I even posted a thread on this forum but after soft reset it is fine. I am a heavy user.

This device is lovely :)

zc1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Very happy customer here. The hardware design and quality of mine are outstanding -- looks and feels great. The OS is still a breath of fresh air (even despite some well-documented missing features/functions). This is, by far, my favourite phone on any platform.

9500ix24

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Camera quality is great!
I do have the dust issue but is very easy to clean with a dust remover. I clean my phone every now and then anyway.
No lock up issues at all. My phone has been running without crashing since the 28th of December.
Battery life is great I can get up to 2 days with all the services like GPS, NFC, Bluetooth on all the time.

I believe is just the frustrated yelling louder than the content. This phone is great!
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

-Kryptonite

I'll start by saying I completely agree and that coming to the 920 forum can sometimes be disheartening but at the same time you have to realise that this is the internet and you're on a forum. Traditionally this is the place you're most likely to be reading and finding out about people that have issues they want answers for. I know that when I have an issue I'll scour the internet for an answer to it and more often than not I'll get that answer on a forum. Realistically you're not going to go out of your way in the same manner to tell everyone on the internet that your phone works brilliantly. It's unfortunate because it's a nice change of pace to read that people are enjoying a device but I think you have to set your expectations a little differently.

Having said that I'm completely chuffed with my 920! It's hands down the best phone I've ever owned, with no battery, camera or dust issues to speak of.

kingrewt

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I will agree the camera isn't as inspirational as people say. Its okay though compared to the rest of the market while i think my dedicated 5MP camera is soo much better.
Can i ask what dust issues do you mean?

rimlover

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

-Battery Issues

-Kryptonite

i made a post about a week ago. i emailed ralph dela vega (ATT ceo) and they said that i can get it unlocked after june. good luck with the unlock. as far as camera it's pretty amazing, but then again i came from the blackberry bold 9900 (5 MP, 2 year old camera). i never had a dust issue with the FFC or the prox sensor. i had a gap between my screen and the body and a weird line around the FFC. i sent it to nokia and it's in their factory for service so i'm not sure what's going to happen when it gets back. my battery was decent i guess. it's not like my blackberry but then again i guess blackberry just spoils you with amazing battery life.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
People rarely come online to post about good things. Only bad things. Or how they'd do something better.

At heart people love to have something to complain about. Sad, but true.

Some of it is caused by the manufacturers though... if they had a public issue list then why would anyone try and describe a problem if they knew it was acknowledged and a solution in progress. Instead, issues won't die and the complaints go on.

Apple AntennaGate example.... the world complained until Apple acknowledged it. Then despite not really changing it, life moved on.

Same with Apple Maps.

At some point manufacturers will learn from Apple... talk to customers about issues or customer concerns publically.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I personally have no huge issues with my 920, in fact I have had no more issue with it than I did any of the iPhones I owned over the years. Mass produced hardware is always going to have issues here and there.

Lumia928

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I have issues with dust in the FFC but the awesomeness of the phone makes up for this. I'd highly recommend it. The phone is far superior to others (i.e., nexus/iphone5) imho.

I've had no battery or locking up problems.

2 years warranty - so even if you do get dust in the lens, they will sort it, what is to lose?

PicodeGalla

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ok this is making me feel better. Currently I am trying a website called unlocks express.com, (or as i like to call it 'unlock sex press') he told me that they had got some codes in but no dice for me so far. He has given my money back and has left my phone in the system and will give me the code for free if it comes in (probably in may). I will try to use some of my ATT friends to haggle customer service until then. Thanks guys, I love this site.

-Kryptonite

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
'unlock sex press' lolssss

There is another website something like foneshop.... mentioned here in the forums. Some guys got theirs unlocked from them. Search it

Ok this is making me feel better. Currently I am trying a website called unlocks express.com, (or as i like to call it 'unlock sex press') he told me that they had got some codes in but no dice for me so far. He has given my money back and has left my phone in the system and will give me the code for free if it comes in (probably in may). I will try to use some of my ATT friends to haggle customer service until then. Thanks guys, I love this site.

-Kryptonite

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I will agree the camera isn't as inspirational as people say. Its okay though compared to the rest of the market while i think my dedicated 5MP camera is soo much better.
Can i ask what dust issues do you mean?

There are issues with noticeable dust getting under the front-facing camera. Tons of threads on this forum about it.

How's the voice quality on your 5MP camera? Pretty good web browser? People are comparing this to other phones - that's what's so inspirational about it. Of course it's not going to stand up to a good dedicated camera - they have a tiny amount of space to work with and a very small budget to prevent it from making the device cost an unreasonable amount. Considering what they had to work with, this thing is a marvel of engineering.

I find the photos stellar for a phone, and I'm very excited about not having to always carry a second device around. Here are some of my shots, unedited, some before Portico, some after: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

ZiiimZooon

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I love the batterylife on my Lumia 920! Always over 48 hours! :D My old Nokia N9 had a batterylife of max 15-18 hours with about the same use!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs