Speaker improvements?

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
When I'm doing stuff like cleaning or just sitting outside, I like to listen to music without headphones(they get in the way). However, like most cell phones the sound quality on the speakers isn't that good even for the L920.

Has anyone found any tricks or w/e to make the speakers better? I notice when the sound level is around 15-20 they don't sound so bad, but it's still not the best. I'd prefer to not have to buy a speaker system for the phone, but I may end up doing that at a later date. I highly doubt there's anything I can do aside from that, since it's mostly cause the speakers are to close and to small, but I thought I'd ask anyways.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Personally I always keep my phone's volume at 20 as it seems loud enough for casually listening to music but also for ringtones etc. I've found that turning the speaker towards a nearby vertical surface can help to spread the sound out and even make it sound a little better. For example when I'm in the kitchen I'll turn the speaker on my 920 to face the breadbin - then when the sound gets to me it's been spread out a little and sounds better to my ears. This is a highly subjective thing, though, so try alternatives.

Alternatively if you're looking to get an external speaker I can't recommend these enough: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generation-...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1917838 The X-Mini II's will easily produce enough good quality sound to fill a room and they have surprisingly good bass too!

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed a similar experience when I hold the bottom of the phone and cup my hand(but I'm not gunna sit there holding my phone like that the whole time haha) I might start bringing a small cardboard box with me when I sit outside to have something for the sound to bounce off.

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a similar experience when I hold the bottom of the phone and cup my hand(but I'm not gunna sit there holding my phone like that the whole time haha) I might start bringing a small cardboard box with me when I sit outside to have something for the sound to bounce off.

A wine glass works well also :-D

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

just get an x-mini and not worry about the cardboard :) you'll be surprised at )the sound they put out :-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb