Announcing the FIRST 3D printed Lumia 920 case!

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Im sure some of you have been following me and eagerly awaiting this news, but its official! The first 3D printed 920 case has been sent to the printers!!! I will get it back around 3/20 and see if it fits!!!

The one thing I really need is to find someone local in the Newcastle/Renton Washington area for a test. I want to make sure it fits, and is useable in every day life. Anyone up for volunteering?

Here is the initial print design. Its based off the same "spider web" design as my first 8X case, but there will be many more designs once the case is confirmed to fit and work well. If anyone has any idea's for designs, im all ears!

920_Case_01.jpg

PugsFD

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm not local, I'm in Arkansas but I would definitely be willing to trial it for ya. I'm a firefighter\paramedic and I use a 920 everyday so I promise it will get put through its paces. PM me if you'd like.

wtupyo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Would love to test out on my 920 - living up in Alaska, highly involved in the automotive community (latest events are ice racing on frozen lake! we had Hot Rod Magazine up last month racing with us!) and we spend lots of time outside, and it's getting into breakup season now so it's gross outside, but still cold. I'd say perfect environment for all around testing.

I'd even chip in on shipping cost if you needed help with testing.

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The material used is a very strong nylon that's seared together using lasers and is amazingly strong. I will post a link to a Yt video a little later once I get home.

uptempo777

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to volunteer as well. I tend to be VERY KLUTZY so it would be great to give it a shot and handle me dropping my phone only way too often.

Thanks!

Comrade427

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I'd be interested in buying something like this. I like the open back, allowing my 920 to breathe. I've already had some heat issues. Testing would be cool too, of course. :)

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Happy to try one! But my 920 is sporting a ZAGG film, so sit would be tested with it onn to get info on whether the case can be used on "wrapped" phones 😁

dawn mari

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I would love to try one of these cases on my Lumia 920 if you want testers from various areas. Some ideas.....a thin case covering only the sides and back, that type of case has worked best for me or covering the back and two areas near the top and bottom on each side, colors, stripes, stars, and other simple patterns.

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
OK. Just an update. I had a lot of questions about the material and how strong it is. Its VERY VERY strong.

How strong is White Strong & Flexible? - YouTube

Yes, I do plan on international sales. I have a company im looking at in the EU to print the phone cases.

Progress is VERY slow since this is all happening out of my own pocket, and quite frankly, I don't have much in those pockets!!! I have already spend hundreds of $$ on test prints, 3D scans, and supplies for this as it is. I don't have money to spend shipping someone a case, so that's why im hoping to find someone in the Seattle area willing to give it a test. Surely there is someone in the REDMOND area that has this phone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)