Some Windows Phone/Nokia Lumia 920 bugs - HELP

Rom Shiri

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

2 major problems I have with my Nokia lumia 920 phone in the past 3 weeks:

1. When I call somebody, the screen gets off even when the phone is not near to my face - so I can't do anything with the phone while I'm with conversation with someone (I can't even to cut off)
2. Sometimes when I get a toast from background apps (i.e Whatsapp, Outlook or even the message that pops up when the battery is low), the screen not gets on automaticly and I only hear a sound of the message.

Please Help!!!
What can I do?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
1. Do you have a screen protector on your phone? This could be blocking the proximity sensor and making it think it's next to your face when it's not. Cutting a small section out of the screen protector can help with this problem. It's always worth making sure your screen isn't dirty at all - try cleaning it with a lint-free cloth. My brother had some of these issues and after he had removed his screen protector he had to restart the phone (turn off and on) to return to normal behaviour.
2. Some messages will give you a notification when your screen is turned off and put a toast notification there at the top so you can see the message when you turn the screen back on. For example text messages. I think this is by design so that you know you have a notification if you missed the sound alert or if you were out of the room at the time. You can swipe the toast notification to the right hand side of the screen to remove it.

Hope any of that helps!

Rom Shiri

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, it really was the screen protector that blocked the proximity sensor!

And for the second problem - understood, thanks. for some reason I remembered that the screen was getting on when you get a toast.

another issue I have in this case, is that when I click on a toast on my lock screen, for example, an Whatsapp message toast, it's not open the whatsapp app.
I can only swipe out to remove it, as you said... is it a bug or this is how it works?

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I am not certain as I don't use Whatsapp but I can click on my toast notifications and open the app. IE texts and facebook.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss