Freeze - soft reset - live tiles not working

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I've got a bit of a stupid situation with my L920. It's been running very well since I got it back in December. I installed Lock Buster about 1 week ago (which makes collages of your photos for your lockscreen), and my phone froze twice within a few hours after installing it.

I uninstalled it, and things seemed fine for about 4 or 5 days.

2 days ago, my phone just freezes, black screen, no reaction to anything. I soft-reset it, it comes back to life. Set the date & time, and after a while I notice no live tiles are working except emails, messages, phone, etc. I switch the phone off, and back on again (no reset), and things work fine again.

Yesterday, same story, phone freezes when I plug it into a charger. Soft-reset, no live tiles again. Switch off and on, still no live tiles.

I'm starting to get worried. Anyone have any ideas what might be happening. BTW, I've got the Portico update about 4 weeks ago now I think.

rajshkumr

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
hi, 2days back me too having the same problem.. then i took my phone to nokia care.. they reset my phone.. till now i dont have any issues..
but i dont know the reason behind this problem.. but due to this small bad impression created on my phone :(

Ludwig1976

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing same issues.
Phone stuck on Nokia logo, after unwanted reboot. I solved this by a soft reset.
Live tile not working. I solved this plugging the phone to PC.
Store tile not showing updates. I solved this unpinnig the tile, clearing IE cache, soft resetting the phone and then repinning it, after setting date and time.

Very annoying :(

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Yepp, I have experienced the dead tile problem several times.

There are a few things you can try: unpin/pin the affected Apps, disable/enable the the affected Apps in background tasks, uninstall/reinstall the the affected Apps.
Most times these step(s) has worked for me - however, sometimes it has taken a few hours before the tiles come back to life.

I had one incident where my tiles did not want to update after following the steps outlined above. I then had to add a new App to the list of apps with background tasks, and then, suddenly - all my live tiles were updated.

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Soft reset !
Then reset you phone !
clean IE cahce !
stop background tasks and check activate again on first start !
Activate app from live tile from start screen.
Wait for 30 min to update live tiles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss