Why is my 920 getting so hot?

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
my phone has NFC enabled on all the time, never had it causing any problems. the only time my phone got really hot was when I was streaming a movie off 4G. make sure no background apps are using your data plan or GPS constantly. also make sure you're in a zone with good cellular connection.

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Is bluetooth on? I hardly ever use bluetooth but I did the other day and listened to music until my headset battery died. I didn't turn off the bluetooth and the next day I noticed the warm phone and the battery was down to 30% after 4 hours of just sitting on my desk. I turned bluetooth off and a soft reset, no issues since.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Settings>email+accounts. See if any of the accounts are constantly syncing (the account keeps blinking back and forth between white and gray). If so, remove that account and add it back. If it's your MS account, you might have to reset your phone (settings>about>reset your phone). Make sure to back up everything on your phone if this is the case, and it's a good idea to take a screenshot of your homescreen and post it to skydrive so you know how to put everything back the way it was on your homescreen.

This just happened to my wife's 920 - it was the MS account, and resetting fixed it.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Perform soft reset. Something is hung in processing. Whether an app or sync, something is hung up. I have already gotten in the habit of soft reset when I remove from charger every morning. I shouldn't have to, but I never have a random drain when I do this. I have had 3 or 4 randoms since portico and each time was when I forgot to soft reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss