"Updates for Lumia 920, Lumia 820 and Lumia 620" - official notice from Nokia

Gsoto

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
OK, Just one question, .. My phone does not have OTA update, also I checked with Navfirm and there is no update fpr my product code.. COuld I used another variation with another product code,

Thank you in advanced for your help

Gsoto

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Could it be possible to use the same firmware version from brazil in my european code inlocked phone, I lived in Argentina. Thank you

jcboliveira

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Tried a french fw than changed to a portuguese and worked. Only things that were different were LTE sings 4G instead of L, a bunch of different preinstalled apps and the the first messages language before change locales.
However in case I would look carefully for the different frequencies.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having issues with my battery after the update. I put my 920 on the wireless charger for about 7 hours last night. I got up at 5:30. At about 9, my battery has about 30%. At 10:30 it has about 22% left. I did not use the phone that much. The phone remained at 22% until 3pm after I turned off battery saver. Battery saver seems having opposite effect. Bluetooth turned off, data connection turned off, NFC turned off, Please share your batter issues. Came home at about 5pm and started charging it right after. About 1:30 charging, battery is at 39%. Please share you battery experience after update.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Its probably that the people who had a dud phone battery wise, will not get any improvements in battery and just need to make use of their warranty to get it replaced

the folks who were suffering battery problems solely due to software - will see a marked improvement

CaptainChunk41

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Good question - I am not sure but I have already done it <yikes>

Couple of problems for me (one just noticed) 'wifi live tile' app keeps switching to no wifi connected (when there is)
Battery life reduced to ~12 hrs stand by (from ~100hrs)

Wtf the battery life is not good? @_@

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
This is why I'm past testing unreleased firmware...
It was fun when I had the time to waste but I need my phone for actual work...can't have the battery draining 8% every hour in standby...I didn't use my phone a couple of weekends ago on a Saturday and it only drained 1-2% over the whole day

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having issues with my battery after the update. I put my 920 on the wireless charger for about 7 hours last night. I got up at 5:30. At about 9, my battery has about 30%. At 10:30 it has about 22% left. I did not use the phone that much. The phone remained at 22% until 3pm after I turned off battery saver. Battery saver seems having opposite effect. Bluetooth turned off, data connection turned off, NFC turned off, Please share your batter issues. Came home at about 5pm and started charging it right after. About 1:30 charging, battery is at 39%. Please share you battery experience after update.
SSetting - cellular - highest connection speed - set to 3g

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Just did my update manually and reconfigured from scratch (1308.004 for mine). I can report that notifications now working and everything else seems fine. Note that on notification related issues it appears this could be related to weather flow (see my thread in the WP8 sub forum). Battery life seems about what it was before (circa 11 to 12 hours).

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I used this nokia software updater for retail, it said I can update to version 1232.5951.1249.1001 but when I checked my version in settings>about, it is already on that version. Is this really the case when theres no update available? Just offers to somehow reflash?

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
NSU didn't work for me (couldn't find phone). But Nokia Care Suite allows auto download of correct software and update. Took about 15 mins then 2 hours to reconfigure/reinstall apps as i cant restore using setup wizard (wrong default APN).

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Update went well. I had to manually download a couple apps and most were the HERE apps from Nokia, it had them listed as Nokia instead of HERE. Once I signed into my services the contacts and people were all downloaded and properly linked. Calendars also came back via backup. The start screen wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be. All in all it was rather painless. I Love having the 15 30 and never options for screen timeout!

Scipio Magnus

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Finished my update Lumia 920 ATT two days ago. And finally have everything back the way I want it. The new storage view is awesome as I had a major issue with 14.3 GB of Other storage.
The update went really well and now I am finding that my battery app and the OS battery settings are telling me I have 24hrs of available battery life left. Is anyone else seeing this?

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
The Extras+Info and storage view isn't working for me. when I tap to open them it just blanks the screen and returns me to the settings screen. Hmmm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro