"Updates for Lumia 920, Lumia 820 and Lumia 620" - official notice from Nokia

fremen567

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
Maybe not the right place to ask but I'll still ask couse this thread has a lot of activity. I received my Lumia 820 yellow and I'm loving it. Few thinks get on my nerves though ( I come from Galaxy S2) like wifi going off when lock screen is active. So I did my googling and figured I'll flash portico on it, since it would not prompt me for OTA. The problem is I cannot find my model with my product number in Nokia Care suit or Navifirm plus to download portico. Here are details: Model Name: RM-825_eu_euro1, Mobile operator name: 000-GB, OS revision: 8.0.9903.10, Firmware revision number: 1232.2107.1241.1000, Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0, Radio software version: 1.0.202041.3

Now I wanna know if I can flash otherRM-825 firmwares that are on Navifirm without messing my phone up, or I'm stuck with this pre portico for who knows how long. I really would appreciate if you guys can provide some guidance. I'm not new to flashing ( messed with androids for a while now) but this is different ball game and really don't wanna brick my Lumia and be stuck with some dumb phone, couse my wife has my SGS2 now.
Thanks a lot.

RevoMikey101

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Got the update in the uk on ee, cant see any differences though, i was hoping for a cure to the "other" storage issue, currently at 3gb and rising! grrrr.

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Here is
Nokia Lumia 820 - Windows Phone Central Forums
Hello all,
Maybe not the right place to ask but I'll still ask couse this thread has a lot of activity. I received my Lumia 820 yellow and I'm loving it. Few thinks get on my nerves though ( I come from Galaxy S2) like wifi going off when lock screen is active. So I did my googling and figured I'll flash portico on it, since it would not prompt me for OTA. The problem is I cannot find my model with my product number in Nokia Care suit or Navifirm plus to download portico. Here are details: Model Name: RM-825_eu_euro1, Mobile operator name: 000-GB, OS revision: 8.0.9903.10, Firmware revision number: 1232.2107.1241.1000, Hardware revision number: 1.0.0.0, Radio software version: 1.0.202041.3

Now I wanna know if I can flash otherRM-825 firmwares that are on Navifirm without messing my phone up, or I'm stuck with this pre portico for who knows how long. I really would appreciate if you guys can provide some guidance. I'm not new to flashing ( messed with androids for a while now) but this is different ball game and really don't wanna brick my Lumia and be stuck with some dumb phone, couse my wife has my SGS2 now.
Thanks a lot.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
When you view storage on your device on the phone there is a category called other that for some reason or another increases or decreases in size with no rhyme or reason.

dermotw

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
That looks like a (clove?) "global" spec, and in that case you should get portico OTA in the reasonably near future, or you can go "check for updates" every now & again which might be quicker. The time u wait might depend on what country you're in.

Hello all,

Thanks a lot.

longnd

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
did you try downloading the firmware using navifirm? then you can using NSU for Retail or Nokia care suite to flash it to your phone.

pritesh patel

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
did you try downloading the firmware using navifirm? then you can using NSU for Retail or Nokia care suite to flash it to your phone.

tried to download with Navifirm,Nokia Support Tool and also with NSU for Retail but not able to download :
(RM821_1232.5957.1308.0001_RETAIL_im_india_443_01_146688_prd_signed)

hudsonvalley

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance....
If I install the update manually, I'll loose all the data. Does it mean that all my apps, contacts, photos, music, video, maps, emails will be gone? What will not be erased?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire