"Updates for Lumia 920, Lumia 820 and Lumia 620" - official notice from Nokia

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have no problem with Wi-Fi, and I'm using version 1232.5957.1308 Brazilian variant, unlocked.
Advanced settings are enabled for Wi-Fi on your device?

I think that only some devices had this problem, as far as I know it, but no idea what was the real reason, like setting or apps behind it ... and yes, I had tried all different combination of advanced settings - they did not make any difference ... and turn off usually occured during a night when I was charging it (on idle state, but only if Wi-Fi was enabled) ... well, it was not any big problem for me, but of course, it is better now. It does not turn off itself even if I forget Wi-Fi on, so that I can wake up by alarm of my cp on the morning ... :)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Should be pointed out that although the list of apps, sms and photos can be backed up, after flashing you still have to:

- log into apps/set them up as before (its as if you are using them for the first time)
- set up alarms
- put tiles in the home screen as they were before

The above 3 features are not backed up.

Also add to that list - Game scores and advances are lost as well as in app settings/saves are lost. Also, Office documents saved locally and not on Skydrive are lost too.

Don't you think the OS has more to do with the poor battery performance? Do you think we will see a vast improvement from a firmware update?

I used to believe so. I kinda do too. But was reading HTC 8X forum the other day and number of users have reported that HTC firmware update that followed Portico actually fixed their battery issue. So it might as well be fixable with a firmware. I'm in two minds. I don't know. Nokia did have horrible Lumia 800 battery on launch and they released a patch to fix that in 2 months after release.

Battery does seem to be a lot better off charge for 10 hours and only down to 74% and not lost my data connection today.

And like this user says - he finds it better. Probably placebo, who knows?

Jaafar Jabbar

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey, downloading this file and since my net is pretty slow, I just wanted to know whether once this is installed and I reset my phone, would the NEW version still be there or will it revert back to the one my phone came with pre-installed at the unboxxing..

Lumia 620 here..

nessinhaw

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
haha no problem xD
tho i has Nokia Software Update for Retail and the new firmware is available for my Lumia 620, i think i'll wait for OTA, so i can keep my data (i know i can do backups but meh lol)

i actually found this software while looking for Nokia Care Suit, which i read was discontinued

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey, downloading this file and since my net is pretty slow, I just wanted to know whether once this is installed and I reset my phone, would the NEW version still be there or will it revert back to the one my phone came with pre-installed at the unboxxing..

Lumia 620 here..

New version would still be there.

Mukesh Phanse

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Im mac user so can u tell me how will i get same software for mac ?? i tried to get one nokia software updater for mac but seems when i downloaded they asked me for my mobile and when i put i have nokia lumia 920 msg pop up as of now updater is not compatible for 920
so can u give me a link for mac ?? so i can too have update for 920
Thanks

longnd

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm afraid there's no Nokia care suite (NCS) version for Mac or equivalent software. You can install windows on your mac using bootcamp to get NCS work but it's easier to use a friend's computer, I think.

Omar Zak

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i did the update via Nokia software update for retail for my Lumia 820
it flashed my phone with the new update, now i have
OS version: 8.0.10211.204 "did not change since it is not OS update"
Firmware : 1232.5957.1308.0001

it downloaded 1.27 GB ... and the flashing took 13 min

everything is just fine now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads