"Updates for Lumia 920, Lumia 820 and Lumia 620" - official notice from Nokia

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Backup saves your text messages, favorites, and a list of the apps on your phone. When you restore your device, it adds your apps to the donwload queue so they can be downloaded from the Store again as soon as the phone starts. This does mean that if you have an app installed, and you restore, and that app is one that is not available on the store anymore, it will most likely not be downloaded.

Thanks for the info I went ahead and did that, it took a while to download all the apps, but I was back in business.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
How's battery life after the update?...

I know it's a bit early, but curious if people are seeing anything significant when it comes to better/worse battery drain after yesterdays update?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

IcyLumia

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Why would you bother telling people that you're rolling the update out and a week later there are still many without it? Nokia has to get in touch with AT&T. This is ridiculous.

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Who controls the availability of OTR firmware updates... Nokia? MS? Carrier? Likewise for OS updates?

I have a UK unlocked phone purchased from an authorised reseller and am starting to wonder if I'll ever see this firmware update OTR!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Who controls the availability of OTR firmware updates... Nokia? MS? Carrier? Likewise for OS updates?

I have a UK unlocked phone purchased from an authorised reseller and am starting to wonder if I'll ever see this firmware update OTR!

Unlocked phones normally are good with updates. Updates are released by MS, OEM like Nokia, HTC tend to add firmware support to it or release firmwares following OS update, then passed on to carriers (notorious bit) who test it on their networks and release it. Most UK carriers are prompt on passing on the updates.

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Rockstarzzz... Waiting for MS then. Seems odd that some people on carrier locked phones are reporting they've already received an update??

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Rockstarzzz... Waiting for MS then. Seems odd that some people on carrier locked phones are reporting they've already received an update??

Yeah this time around carriers have been nice to us! It was a pain with WP7 and I bet there are still some phones running only WP7.5 as carriers don't want to pass the update. If you have a Lumia and don't really rely on phone data much (everything synced to cloud) then you can always manually get the latest and the greatest on Lumias.

finiterex

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah got it downloaded. Having done one reset though and not being prompted for settings restore im loathe to manually set everything up agsin

oosagi

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Man...even though I am sure there will be nothing that I will be able to notice with the purposed new update....i still get excited when I have one to run. Has anyone in US in ATT gotten the update yet?

chandra_718

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Not much improvements huh ... Any new improvements in browser???... And any improvement found in pitcher clarity in zoom in. Any thing lik tat ??? ...and how's d battery back up... Bec stil I hav NT updated... Sum off dem telin battery issue .. Its drain very fast in version 13.
Plz rply ur opinion

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi again!!! I'm a spanish user with an unlocked white Nokia Lumia 920, waiting for Portico yet, someone with the same version without Portico??? I'm "tired" to check if the update appears!!!! What can I do??? I don't to flash my phone but finally I'll have to do it...The version of my phone is:

Versi?n SO-8.0.9903.10
N? revisi?n firmware: 1232.2109.1242.1000
RM-821_eu_euro1
Carrier: 000-GB

Where can I see the product code of my phone???? Thanks!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon