"Updates for Lumia 920, Lumia 820 and Lumia 620" - official notice from Nokia

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I used the Nokia Software Updater rather than Care Suite and that worked a treat. It picked the right firmware version for me all i had to do was click next.. Next... Etc... Brilliant!!

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
With the only use of Nokia Software Updater can I update the phone??? Works in a Windows 7 64 bits??? The reason why I don't flash my phone is the "different annoying steps" required using Nokia Care Suite, thanks!!!

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
With the only use of Nokia Software Updater can I update the phone??? Works in a Windows 7 64 bits??? The reason why I don't flash my phone is the "different annoying steps" required using Nokia Care Suite, thanks!!!

If your phone is unlocked (not subsidy by operator), the answer is yes!
With Nokia Software Updater is much more convenient and easy to update.
:cool:

Last edited:

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Update S.O and Nokia firmware???? Thanks Devamps and Longnd to this gift!!! Tomorrow I'll check it!!!! The version that I can install according to the program is: 1232.5951.1249.1004. Thanks mates!!!!

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Update S.O and Nokia firmware???? Thanks Devamps and Longnd to this gift!!! Tomorrow I'll check it!!!! The version that I can install according to the program is: 1232.5951.1249.1004. Thanks mates!!!!
Ok, good luck, however, know that the version of the operating system is still the same, only there was a revised firmware to fix several problems reported by users!
View and pay attention to details:

My original firmware.

porticoforlumia9201.jpg

My actual firmware.

porticoforlumia9203.png

Both have the same version of the operating system!

I live in Brazil.
:wink:​

CarR9

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site

Ok, good luck, however, know that the version of the operating system is still the same, only there was a revised firmware to fix several problems reported by users!
View and pay attention to details:

My original firmware.

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/4907/porticoforlumia9201.jpg

My actual firmware.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1377/porticoforlumia9203.png

Both have the same version of the operating system!

I live in Brazil.
:wink:​

Ok Devamps, this is my doubt, I'm from Spain and I have a previous version of S.O, the version is:
Versi?n SO-8.0.9903.10
N? revisi?n firmware: 1232.2109.1242.1000
Product code (sim slot): Type:RM821 --- FCC ID: PYARM-821
Code of my phone according to Nokia Software Updater: 059Q5C7

So, can I have problems with this version of S.O??? Can I update with Nokia Software Updater??? Sorry for so many doubts!!!!

Last edited:

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Ok Devamps, this is my doubt, I'm from Spain and I have a previous version of S.O, the version is:
Versi?n SO-8.0.9903.10
N? revisi?n firmware: 1232.2109.1242.1000
Product code (sim slot): Type:RM821 --- FCC ID: PYARM-821
Code of my phone according to Nokia Software Updater: 059Q5C7

So, can I have problems with this version of S.O??? Can I update with Nokia Software Updater??? Sorry for so many doubts!!!!

I checked in Navifirm, and saw that is not yet released for your product code in Spain ...
So, it is best that you (and others in the same situation) wait for the OTA update.
It should not take to arrive.

Anyway, I'm leaving now, and I wish good luck to all who have not received the update to the latest firmware Portico!

Last edited:

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
OK got the 1308 update via Nokia Update for Retail and used the QR codes to update Nokia apps - storage check is great. Finally I can delete the temp files!
I am on a locked to EE UK 920.
Update process was easy and it allowed me to reload all my apps - though pics etc were deleted (personal data)... not a big problem as I back up to the cloud.

I will be checking to see if battery life improves.... I was getting a day with light to moderate use before...

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
OK got the 1308 update via Nokia Update for Retail and used the QR codes to update Nokia apps - storage check is great. Finally I can delete the temp files!
I am on a locked to EE UK 920.
Update process was easy and it allowed me to reload all my apps - though pics etc were deleted (personal data)... not a big problem as I back up to the cloud.

I will be checking to see if battery life improves.... I was getting a day with light to moderate use before...

10PM = 3AM post? Looking forward to hearing if battery improves though.

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
10PM = 3AM post? Looking forward to hearing if battery improves though.

Lol yes - couldn't sleep - anyway early indications are that the battery is quite a bit worse. Whilst in standby I was using ~1% per hour previously, now about 3% per hour. Of course it could be better when comparing normal usage (not standby), but will have to wait and see...

UPDATE : hmm seems my battery drain in standby is more like 6% per hour now and just a bit of navigation for a minute wipes another 1% off. I was hoping that the update would improve the battery. Rather disappointing because the battery is my only negative on an other wise brilliant phone.

Last edited:

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
No I had to use the updater via Nokia - I don't think the UK carriers have released it over the air yet.... To be honest it is a very minor update and overall not worth the worry or effort.
As mentioned above there has been a definite impact on battery life (on the negative side) with the update, so maybe stick with the current one!

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
No I had to use the updater via Nokia - I don't think the UK carriers have released it over the air yet.... To be honest it is a very minor update and overall not worth the worry or effort.
As mentioned above there has been a definite impact on battery life (on the negative side) with the update, so maybe stick with the current one!

I subscribe on the battery fact

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss