exporting/viewing sms messages from Nokia Lumia 920 to PC

Shivkriti Raj

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Can please some one assist me as am unable to view the saved sms history and need to know how to view whats app messages backup for Nokia Lumnia 720.

jeffmparker

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I too have the same business need to file my SMSs. Majority are formal official client communications. But all the links and modifications here don't work for me unfortunately.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
tl;dr switch to Android. Choose the most appropriate platform for your use cases. There are many apps which will back up texts, to storage, Google Drive, even Skydrive.

Arcopolo

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
This is no solution/answer to the problem ! I have the same problem, no sms-backup to outlook.com from my lumia 920 and I also want to keep my messages safe ... All the mentioned solutions above don't work for me. Will this be fixed in wp 8.1 ?

Lokesh Shahapur

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I think this is unresolved mistery....
Sad that Nokia / MS do not even have a common sense to add such a basic feature on the Mobile Operating system.
Its a pain to use such a mobile device without a such a basic feature of moving/copying sms from your mobile to a PC

Lokesh Shahapur

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Can please some one assist me as am unable to view the saved sms history and need to know how to view whats app messages backup for Nokia Lumnia 720.

Think there is no help available on this Shivkriti... your wait will continue till Nokia / MS provides a fix or update on this in there next operating system release :)

Arcopolo

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
For me it finally works (and keep on working) with this link: https://dub113.mail.live.com/default.aspx?n=1733174790&fid=
I can see all my sms even the recent one, although the sorting-button doesn't work and if you go to another folder it won't work anymore, unless you use the back-button of your browser.
But now another problem pops-up: i can't go to my calender anymore. When I click the calender-button I just get an empty screen ...

LorraineE

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have followed all the instructions for getting my messages. Now the ones I want are not there. How can that be?
Is it because I have blocked this person from FB? They do not have anything to do with each other. Right? Can there be any other setting that I have blocked this person?
PLEASE HELP

jeff richardson3

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
push and hold down message pop up box pops up with options for copy, forward, or delete. I copy and paste into word or onenote. sometimes I email to server. I use texting because I like to type in it and paste into email on phone and then email to multiple users.
or I copy into onenote and put on onedrive.
sometimes I type notes and text to wife. I put ignore in quotes so she deletes it on her 1020. she ignores it then I put where I want later or modify on pc.

Last edited:

jeff richardson3

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
using wp81 or wp10 press on message until popup pops up like right click on pc. there are delete, forward, or copy. forward using email, copy into word or onenote and save on onedrive.
I also take notes and text to wife. she ignores text. I copy text into word after taking notes, save in word to onedrive, and edit notes on pc.
sometimes I forget past notes, go into wife text, and copy and paste into word.i also send email to myself and text answer to client from phone by copying text to email. you can also send text from pc.

jeff richardson3

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
you can backup your phone when on the internet, at home for example. it will backup to onedrive devices. then you mess up. reset and most settings come back. make sure logged in on Microsoft account. make sure all your work, contacts, and email goes to windows live account. then you lose nothing when reset. I also have a test phone configured like production phone. I test on test phone before I put on production phone.

microsoft builds phones like pc. you can install wp10, don't like it reset to wp81. not like apple and android. stuck with what you have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6