WiFi post sleep bug

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So my 920 just updated with the lastest firmware. I was hoping it'd fix the Wifi bug my phone has had since I got it in December. When the screen goes dark and the phone goes to sleep Wifi disables. When I switch it back on Wifi doesn't work and I have to reboot to get Wifi. And then I can only use Wifi if I don't let the screen go dark again. Most annoying. Had hoped Portico would fix it, but no, and not this either.

Think I have a dodgy handset and should get a replacement? It's my only problem with this otherwise great phone.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So my 920 just updated with the lastest firmware. I was hoping it'd fix the Wifi bug my phone has had since I got it in December. When the screen goes dark and the phone goes to sleep Wifi disables. When I switch it back on Wifi doesn't work and I have to reboot to get Wifi. And then I can only use Wifi if I don't let the screen go dark again. Most annoying. Had hoped Portico would fix it, but no, and not this either.

Think I have a dodgy handset and should get a replacement? It's my only problem with this otherwise great phone.
mine does not do that, sounds like something is wrong

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Did you enable it ? (settings - wi-fi - advanced and enable "keep wi-fi on") ... did you try to restart your router too ?

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Did you enable it ? (settings - wi-fi - advanced and enable "keep wi-fi on") ... did you try to restart your router too ?

Never saw that option before, rebooting and trying now.

But the problem isn't so much that it switches off, but that it cannot switch on again once the screen has switched off. The "wifi on" toggle is greyed out. Definitely a bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss