PDF Reader. Finally.

zc1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Disclaimer: The app is still a preview release, but is *definitely* worth trying out.

For those who have been waiting for someone to take the initiative and put together a *good* PDF reader app for WP8, the wait is over. A developer by the Store name of 'Pompolutz' appears to be the most serious entrant into this arena. I came across his app, 'PDF Reader,' while browsing through the 'New and Rising' apps in the Windows Phone store.

PDF Reader | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (Canada)

It's still in its initial phases (a preview release), according to the app developer, but (IMO) it's already miles ahead of the other main PDF reader app in the store simply on account of the fact that it supports bookmarks.

It's free, BTW.

Download it, use it, rate it, encourage the developer to keep up the good work!

'Big name' apps are great and all, but WP8 still needs some good quality bread-and-butter apps like this.

zc1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
PDF Reader (new app available)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-apps/220011-pdf-reader-finally.html

I posted this thread in the WP8 apps forum (because I thought that was the most appropriate place for it) but decided to cross-post here because I have a Lumia 920 and want my fellow L920ers to know about this app.

I know this topic of the lack of a *good* PDF reader in the WP store has been discussed here, before. Accordingly, some of you might be interested to find out that progress is being made.

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I can only see files on Skydrive. Nothing in "Local". And no way to download ...

EDIT:
My mistake. It is available in Local after opening it on Skydrive.
"Jump to page" will always jump to current page. Bug?
Missing Search (Find) function.

Otherwise: Works well :smile:

Last edited:

halamadridkimi

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
OH MY GOD, that is absolutly amazing, (I instantly deleted ms pdf reader) this app is awesome, i opened some pdf:s which when i zoomed on microsoft one it reloaded the whole page everytime, now this works like magic, i have been twitting adobe reader for freaking 4 months to release wp8 version but now my problem is over, since im student that is one freaking awesome app, thank u so much i love u i love u i love u so much

zc1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I can only see files on Skydrive. Nothing in "Local". And no way to download ...

EDIT:
My mistake. It is available in Local after opening it on Skydrive.
"Jump to page" will always jump to current page. Bug?
Missing Search (Find) function.

Otherwise: Works well :smile:
"Jump to Page" works as it should on mine. I'm guessing that a find function is in the works.

zc1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
"Jump to Page" defaults to the current page. If I overwrite the current page number, it will still jump to the current page.
Strange. Is that the case with all PDFs? With mine, it preloads the page number box with the current page number (just as you described), then I type in the page number that I want, hit jump and it, appropriately, jumps to the new page. Have you tried the usual reboot device or uninstall/reinstall app? Maybe contact the developer as well if it persists.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
No luck for 7.8 users though :(

Don't you have adobe reader? Windows 8 users are stuck with the MS app, no adobe reader... The last version of adobe reader that came out for the wp7, was great!

Thank god this app is out, much better than the PDF reader by MS

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't you have adobe reader? Windows 8 users are stuck with the MS app, no adobe reader... The last version of adobe reader that came out for the wp7, was great!

Thank god this app is out, much better than the PDF reader by MS

I do have adobe reader app and it sucks. Most crucial thing for me is that it cannot even remember where I stopped reading my document when I close the app and then open it again. I played a little with adobe reader on my wife's android phone and it has way better functionality

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo