I updated my Lumia 920 to 1308.0004 yesterday by Nokia Care Suite. However, the phone is overheating on the two areas: Flashlight (Back) & Nokia Logo (Front). The phone's motherboard is replaced with "1232.2109.1242.1003" at the same day. I have no this issue with 1232.2109.1242.1000 before.
    Last edited by Gemmy Sit; 03-18-2013 at 07:24 AM.
    03-16-2013 04:36 AM
    That does not sound promising, but I have this before the update as well.
    03-16-2013 04:59 AM
    Battery life keeps draining quickly when the phone is overheating, and it can't be charged via USB charger to PC or wireless charger, if I keep using it, the battery life will become 0%.

wp_ss_20130315_0002.png
    Last edited by Gemmy Sit; 03-18-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    03-16-2013 06:59 AM
    Any more info about your phone?
    Which carrier was it? AT&T? etc
    I'm currently downloading the update as I type this..
    03-16-2013 01:12 PM
    that area should normal be warm to hot during heavy usage such as gaming as that is where the SoC resides.
    also, 0% battery??? how's that possible. seems like a buggy firmware. try flashing back to the old one.
    to other people: please wait patiently until your phone prompt for an update instead of updating by computer
    03-16-2013 04:24 PM
    iScared!!!

also, 0% battery??? how's that possible. seems like a buggy firmware. try flashing back to the old one.
    It's actually possible lol, I've done it many times when I was conditioning my phone at the start. Battery goes to 0, turns off, I turn it back on, it runs, shows 0 % but runs for a while until it fully discharged
    03-16-2013 04:28 PM
    So flash it back to another firmware
    03-16-2013 06:20 PM
    I would recommend waiting till OTA
    03-16-2013 06:28 PM
    Peepz gotta stop bein impatient 4 updates n wait 4 OTA then u shouldnt have probs;)
    03-17-2013 11:38 PM
    Do a soft reset or 2 and see if it clears. (Stops heting up and battery goes back to normal) On the rare times it happens to me that will resolve it.
    03-17-2013 11:44 PM
    Peepz gotta stop bein impatient 4 updates n wait 4 OTA then u shouldnt have probs;)
    I know!!! I was actually going to update my phone tonight but I realized I had the same FW >.> but sorry for the OP though
    boxa72 likes this.
    03-18-2013 12:28 AM
    Any more info about your phone?
    Which carrier was it? AT&T? etc
    I'm currently downloading the update as I type this..
    Lumia 920 Yellow, HK Smartone, not AT&T.
    03-18-2013 06:52 AM
    So flash it back to another firmware
    Flash it again, also downgraded to previous version (1232.2109.1242.1003), the same result.
    03-18-2013 06:53 AM
    Internet sharing Off, Bluetooth Off, Wifi Off, NFC Off, Location Off, Airplane ON. Brightlight Low: Battery Saver ON, Touch Sensitivity: Normal, no any background tasks are running. The phone is still feeling warm or overheating. Something is not stopped, still using CPU power until soft reset.

Nomally, Internet sharing Off, Bluetooth Off, Wifi ON, NFC Off, Location On, Brightlight Auto, Battery Saver Off, Touch Sensitivity: Normal, 4G lte full speed. the surface temperature will over 50 degrees after 5 mins, no game, no video, just using facebook, twitter & some news apps. If you are keeping to use around 15- 30mins, the phone will hang and reboot automatically.

As soon as 3G/4G is in use, the phone starts cooking. Various reports claims that this is a CPU bug, and not the phone itslef, and that GDR2/Blue is set to
    fix this issue.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...0/203480-2.htm

Hope, that's true.
    Last edited by Gemmy Sit; 03-24-2013 at 03:58 AM.
    03-18-2013 06:59 AM
    Overheating would mean very hot, and phone stops working.

The phone gets a bit warm??? Not really overheating then???
    03-21-2013 10:50 AM
    I have the 1308.0020 firmware and occasionally I get a bit of warmth, but for me the batterry life has taken a serious hit. Getting just 8hrs a day.
    I've let it run down completely now to do a full recharge and see what I get. Not 'appy so far.
    03-21-2013 11:30 AM
    There is many reports that it will take over a week before the battery is stable (to get the best out of it) ... so be patient for 1-2 weeks ...

EDIT: I have 1232.5957.1308.00xx and I feel that it is better than Portico, but not any big difference ...
    03-21-2013 11:55 AM
    Same issue here. The fix for me was to completely drain the battery and then let it charge for a minimum of 6 hours. I usually let it charge overnight, DO NOT use the phone while it's charging. (Don't make a habit of this because it isn't too good for the battery in the long run, but should sort the problem and you can then charge normally). Your battery life should be increased with that trick. Also disable background processes if there are any running. It is actually a software related problem in Windows Phone 8 which Microsoft need to sort out. I think it's a hung process.
    03-21-2013 12:38 PM
    Yes, after updating to new firmware, the phone is heating like ****, battery draining quickly as ****.

Some fix need from nokia, Are you hearing?
    03-21-2013 12:56 PM
    Yepp, mine is too overheating and battery drains to after update. Occurred before too but not as muc.
    03-23-2013 03:36 PM
    A traveler on Nokia Support help users extend the battery life of the Nokia Lumia, see the tips below complemented with some comments (WP8). The tips are also for WP7.X, however some shortcuts may be different to some functions.

1 - Turn on Battery Saver. Select Settings> Battery Saving. When the Battery Save feature is activated, the phone will not receive e-mail updates and calendar automatically not update some Live Tiles not allow applications to run in the background.
    Well activate this feature whenever you are using the device on a wifi network and do not want to receive notifications by feature Push applications.

2 - When you finish using an application or navigate a game, use the Back button to close the application instead of leaving it active in the background.
    Really when you leave an application in the background mostly a game, consumes the battery faster than normal.

3 - Set the screen to turn off after 30 seconds. On the Home screen, slide to the left and select Settings> Lock and wallpaper (lock screen)> Screen timeout (Clear the screen). And be careful not to confuse with 30 minutes!
    This modification can not miss, because even when you are using this device you always touching the screen in less than 30 seconds and preventing it gets dark. .

4 - Reduce the brightness of the screen. Select Settings> Brightness> Level. Disable the automatic feature first. The brightness level also affects the Automatically adjust functionality.
    This function is really one of the most saves battery but has a problem, depending on the environment you're low level will harm the screen display.

5 - Use network connections selectively. For example, if the signal strength of the cellular network varies much in your area, your phone must scan for available networks several times. This increases the battery consumption. If the 3G connection is on in the settings of the wireless network, the phone will search the 3G network. To turn off the 3G connection, select Settings> mobile network and disable 3G connection.
    Well, whenever you are not using the device to surf the internet or via data network is in place with wi-fi, let your Lumia 920 on 2G.

6 - Turn on Bluetooth only when needed. Select Settings> Bluetooth. And do the same with the NFC too.

7 - Use a Wi-Fi connection to connect to the internet rather than a mobile data connection (GPRS or 3G). Stop phone search for available Wi-Fi networks, if they are not available. Select Settings> Wi-Fi> Off.
    This is one of the best, because besides saving battery saves in the pocket, especially for those who do not have an unlimited data plan ..

8 - When finished taking a photo remember to press the Back key to exit the camera viewfinder.
    Nothing justifies you get the camera open in the background, if only to use it again.

9 - Reduce the frequency of synchronization of emails. Select Settings> Email & Accounts> Your email> Download new content.
    Leave manual sync, especially if you use more than one mailbox set up, and update when I can ..

10 - Turn off location services if they are not needed, so the phone does not often find its location in the background. Select Settings> Location> Off.
    Beware, this disables the monitoring system / tracking Windows Phone.

11 - Disable unnecessary background applications. Especially for users of the Lumia 810, 820, 822 and 920: Make sure the Nokia Beta Drive + is locked (set to Off) in the background tasks. On the Home screen, slide to the left and select Settings. Then slide left to the Applications tab> Background Tasks
    Many applications are running in the background, and some of them are unnecessary!

12 - Use wired headphones instead of the speaker.
    It is confirmed that using wired headset makes the battery last longer than using bluetooth headset.

13 - Turn off unwanted sounds and functions, for example, the function vibrate. Select Settings> ringtones and sounds.

14 - Disable the "Connect to Xbox LIVE" when it is not needed. Select Xbox LIVE> Settings> Connect to Xbox LIVE.
    Why is not every time that you're playing on your Lumia, and simply activate when playing Xbox Live, very fast and will not decrease your leisure time.

15 - Make sure the phone battery is fully charged. Check the menu Settings> Battery Saving> battery information. The older chargers may not fully charge the battery.

Another tip optional - Use a program to manage energy consumption.
    Last edited by Devamps; 03-23-2013 at 04:29 PM.
    sunnybyday likes this.
    03-23-2013 04:06 PM
    A traveler on Nokia Support help users extend the battery life of the Nokia Lumia, see the tips below complemented with some comments (WP8). The tips are also for WP7.X, however some shortcuts may be different to some functions.
    Please stop wasting space. You may be trying to be helpful, but these things reduce the battery drains being reported by a tiny amount, not to mention you turn a smartphone into a something as useful as a brick.

Many here are awaiting a fix, either Nokia or Microsoft, either via an OS/firmware update or a hardware recall.

As the latest 1308 firmware already has reports of causing overheating, it's unlikely that will help the battery life at all. Heat = energy. Lots of it.

So... it appears there are 2 other options on the table.

Neither companies are saying anything. In the meantime, we put up with subpar/random battery life.
    03-23-2013 06:23 PM
    Please stop wasting space. You may be trying to be helpful, but these things reduce the battery drains being reported by a tiny amount, not to mention you turn a smartphone into a something as useful as a brick.

Many here are awaiting a fix, either Nokia or Microsoft, either via an OS/firmware update or a hardware recall.

As the latest 1308 firmware already has reports of causing overheating, it's unlikely that will help the battery life at all. Heat = energy. Lots of it.

So... it appears there are 2 other options on the table.

Neither companies are saying anything. In the meantime, we put up with subpar/random battery life.
    Ok, I hope so ...
    Sorry, I have no overheating in my Lumia 920 with latest 1308 firmware, however, It was made in China...
    Last edited by Devamps; 03-23-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    03-23-2013 06:37 PM
    Same issue here after installing 1308. The phone is hot, and the battery just drained 35% in 2 hours (moderate use),
    Exactly the same configuration as I had before. Battery drain used to be 1 - 5% depending on usage ...
    03-23-2013 06:41 PM

If you do all these things, then what is the difference between Lumia 920 and Nokia 1110?

Nokia or Microsoft must fix battery issue else there wont be any buyers for Lumia devices.

Edit: I also see same issue with HTC X model, It is some thing to do with Microsoft.
    03-24-2013 03:03 AM