Weird alarm screen/calendar thing on Facebook birthdays?

yorkshiretea

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
When it's someones birthday on Facebook, sometimes (seems to occur randomly) what looks like the alarm screen pops up telling me that it's their birthday. Unlike the normal alarm screen however there's an option to change the snooze duration. Is this a bug? I'd love to be able to change the snooze duration when my alarm goes off.

Pasteboard — Uploaded Image

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
When it's someones birthday on Facebook, sometimes (seems to occur randomly) what looks like the alarm screen pops up telling me that it's their birthday. Unlike the normal alarm screen however there's an option to change the snooze duration. Is this a bug? I'd love to be able to change the snooze duration when my alarm goes off.

Pasteboard — Uploaded Image

Tap on 5 minutes - you will get more options.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I know, my point is that that 'Snooze for:' option doesn't appear at all when my alarm goes off. I have no idea what this screen is or why it appears randomly.

That screen is your calendar remind screen. It will pop up anytime you have a calendar reminder. You can turn on/off your calendars by going into calendar settings.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Why does it have snooze options but the alarm doesn't? Seems the wrong way round.

I think alarms have default snooze time of 5 minutes - keeping in mind you would want to most likely wake up when alarm rings. The calendar reminders like the one in birthday calendar is given longer snooze periods as you might not want to wish your friend a birthday just yet and may be after an hour when you are less busier and your calendar reminds you then?

Yaowser

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
That screen is your calendar remind screen. It will pop up anytime you have a calendar reminder. You can turn on/off your calendars by going into calendar settings.

I started getting this last week and I've no idea why as I haven't touched the settings. However, what is annoying me is that I can't turn off the pop-up reminders. I don't have an issue with the birthdays and events appearing in my calender, but the reminders I don't want.

In Calender settings there only seems to be options for turning them off from the calendar itself. Does anyone know how to remove the reminders?

Thanks,

Yao

Yaowser

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I started getting this last week and I've no idea why as I haven't touched the settings. However, what is annoying me is that I can't turn off the pop-up reminders. I don't have an issue with the birthdays and events appearing in my calender, but the reminders I don't want.

In Calender settings there only seems to be options for turning them off from the calendar itself. Does anyone know how to remove the reminders?

Thanks,

Yao

I wonder if this is a default setting to set a 'Reminder' to each birthday you import from Facebook. So, if there was a way to turn off that default setting then maybe I can re-import the birthdays without the annoying pop-up 'Reminder' each day.

It's really baffled me why this has only just started happening.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6