Ease of Access - "High Contrast" makes for a great theme!

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I am the PROUD owner of both a Red and Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 and must say going into "Ease of "Access" under "Settings" and turning on the high contrast really makes the home screen look so awesome on both the Red and Yellow Phones! Has anyone gone in and done this? If so what do you think? I really like the black tile theme it presents on both phones, especially my Yellow lumia.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I am the PROUD owner of both a Red and Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 and must say going into "Ease of "Access" under "Settings" and turning on the high contrast really makes the home screen look so awesome on both the Red and Yellow Phones! Has anyone gone in and done this? If so what do you think? I really like the black tile theme it presents on both phones, especially my Yellow lumia.
Could you post a screenshot please?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
wait... this seems to block images to my lockscreen. so amazing weather or hello friends lockscreen features are broken now. :(

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
That looks really sharp! :smile:

I think so too, thanks Laura! Looks really awesome on the yellow Lumia as well :)

Ninjaap - sorry to hear, I do not use those on my lock screen so I have not experienced those issues. I will be keeping it on high contrast for a while - I am liking it and it works for my setup :)

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I like high contrast. I don't like the way it underlines unread mail instead of it being the accent color.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Does look pretty sweet (to me) on my 820 with a white case. Looks equally good on white 920's if not better, personal preference notwithstanding.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Guys this isn't a theme! It's ease of access - making things more readable, removing colours etc for users who have difficulty viewing certain colours etc. So you can't expect your dynamic lockscreen, accent colours etc. For ease of access - it does exactly what it should do!

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Guys this isn't a theme! It's ease of access - making things more readable, removing colours etc for users who have difficulty viewing certain colours etc. So you can't expect your dynamic lockscreen, accent colours etc. For ease of access - it does exactly what it should do!
I understood, and I think that's pretty cool...
BobR1908, thank`s for sharing!

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it is a shame about the lock screen issue, but then as mentioned it isn't a theme as such.

It does still use the accent colour choice here and there, like on mine the weather app kept the orange theme choice which i thought looked cool against the black and white.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I didnt realise thats wot it did n ur right tha Start Screen looks great n tha black tiles would probly save even more battery:winktongue:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs