LTE (4G) on my Lumia 920

Jhay Yap

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys my Lumia 920 was purchased from Saudi Arabia (Mobily KSA) It says on the back of the box has LTE 2100 1800 2600 800 but when i check Cellular option under settings the Highest connection speed is only from 2G or 3G, is there a work around for this? im residing in the Philippines now and im planning to get Globe PH LTE service. Thanks

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually he may not get LTE option at all if the LTE band on his L920 is not supported by his carrier. Also if it is supported he will need an LTE sim card.

Jhay Yap

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
there's an LTE option when I check by pressing ##3282# see this screenshot:

https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

I can select 4G Only here:

But when I reboot still getting this:

I wont go back to UAE anymore so I cant update the firmware from their firmware but when I search for firmware here in the Philippines the phone said theres an update available im just afraid to download and install it thanks for the help. BTW Philippines has LTE and im planning to get one :)

Last edited:

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the unlocked APAC Phils version of Lumia 920 bought from Nokia DX in Glorietta.

I just went to Globe and switched to the nano LTE SIM.

Inserting it the L920, I immediately get the 4G option under Cellular setting.

I haven't seen any change in the connection icon on the status bar of start screen, still just H and H+ Although, I haven't moved from my office area yet, around Manila to know if it is just the connection in this area.

Will let you know what happens. I only just upgraded the SIM today.

ankh_santa

May 9, 2013
Visit site
This firmware and manufacturer got a 4G option. This is Thai firmware.

Firmware revision number: 1232.5962.1314.0002
Manufacturer name: RM-821_apac_thailand_319

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Still no LTE for me in Phils.

LTE sim active, L920 with 1308 firmware.

I see the option in cellular settings for "Highest connection speed" and set as 4G.

But not once have I seen the connection icon on the start screen change to 4G or LTE. I still only get H and H+.

Anyone else in Phils getting LTE?

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Still no LTE for me in Phils.

LTE sim active, L920 with 1308 firmware.

I see the option in cellular settings for "Highest connection speed" and set as 4G.

But not once have I seen the connection icon on the start screen change to 4G or LTE. I still only get H and H+.

Anyone else in Phils getting LTE?

Bought my phone here in Philippines. Before 1301, im not getting 4g in highest connection speed as well. But after updating it did displayed 4g in it, even while using a non lte sim. Now i have Smart LTE sim and getting decent connection given im inside a covered area

mprebich

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Update: since last week, I am now getting the "4G" symbol next to the cellular connection icon. Globe must have finally changed something, as I've been on 1308 and the LTE nano-SIM was "supposedly" activated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon