Death of Windows Phone 8?

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes!
I'm impressed with the amount of functional illiterates who come here commenting on the blog, some people who read but do not understand what you are reading. People have to learn to interpret a text, for God's sake, and at least read the comments of the users, they've had to answer dozens of questions with the same answers. As one of the readers have mentioned before, at least read the comments to see if they understand the context, and are not repeating questions and drawing wrong conclusions!

Last edited:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The only issue is when the carrier or manufacture refuses to upgrade your device. My Titan 2 which was released in April of 2012 is still stuck on Mango. This is a huge problem for this platform. Huge problem for developers. Huge problem for growth. It is just a mess, not as messy as android but no where as clean as iOS with updates. This is why Microsoft needs to make a "Surface Phone"
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So I don't understand why people complain they didn't receive the windows phone 8 os update. I'm so curios what windows phone 7.x users are missing so badly about windows phone 8 os?

Even basic features such as multiselect is missing in win7.x, try to delete some 50 odd pics in win 7.x, this is just one example, there are many more, win 7.8 is more of a feature phone os, it cannot be called a smartfone os. the worst part on MS was that they always knew Win7.8 was not going to be upgradable to wp8 so they kept the users in dark, thats called "cheating/fraud" in my dictionary.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Support for that concrete version is up to 2014, but all the phones who run WP8 will be upgradeable to the new version e.g. 8.5, 9 or whatever, and those versions will have 18 months of support on their own, so read before you declare something that would mean suicide for Microsoft. How do you read such articles and believe that a company of that size will go ahead with such an impossibly stupid decision ?

Yep. I am glad I bought the "flagship" 920 as I know it will keep getting updates.

ChMar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Even basic features such as multiselect is missing in win7.x, try to delete some 50 odd pics in win 7.x, this is just one example, there are many more, win 7.8 is more of a feature phone os, it cannot be called a smartfone os. the worst part on MS was that they always knew Win7.8 was not going to be upgradable to wp8 so they kept the users in dark, thats called "cheating/fraud" in my dictionary.

People bought the phone in that state. They did not bought it with a written promise (or verbal one) that they will receive new updates. So while I see your point that some thing are missing I don't consider those to be critical. And upgrading the kernel meant recompiling all oem and carrier stuff and a lot of testing. I doubt they would have done this just to upgrade the phone to wp8. This is the case for android also and the reason that newer oses are not provided to the phone. In apple case the platform is just one (no multiple oems, not different cpu arhitecture no way for carriers to put a lot of stuff) so it's easier for them to "update" their phone. But think about siri. Nothing is stoping siri from owrking on iphone4 yet it does not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb