Help! 920 multiple problems

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't know what happened, but this morning my 920 got really dumb.

1) Push power button to wake, screen doesn't come on until almost 10 seconds later!
2) Try to launch settings, it goes to black screen for about 15 seconds then gives up and goes back to the home screen
2a) Same if I try to launch most other system applications such as IE, Messaging, Mail, Me, Calendar
2b) People, phone, and store seem to work fine
2c) Non system apps seem to work fine

So far I've tried turning it off for a while before turning it back on and also reset by holding volume down and power. Neither has made any difference.

Halp!

Last edited by a moderator:

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Help! 920 got DUMB

Have you tried to edumacate it?

But really have you tried to hard reset, factory reset?

If that doesn't work then there's something wrong with the hardware itself, I came across an iPhone that did the same thing as well, everything just superly lagged without any reasons behind it.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

Try a soft reset, before you go as far as deleting everything, in order to fix something that most likely is cured by a soft reset.

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Ok. Tried the soft reset. It was fine at first but that didn't last long. Finally ended up doing a soft reset so I could get into settings again, and from there I told it to do a factory reset. It's been showing the spinning gears on the screen for half an hour now.. Sigh...

locom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I have exactly same issue. I have changed my digitizer once. Have you opened youf phone etc?

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

So now.. It just sits there spinning the gears. I can't even turn it off. If I try resetting it just goes back to spinning gears. So all I can do is wait for it to drain the battery I guess..

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. For some reason the fw download in NaviFirm keeps getting hung up at 62% though. It gets to 667807/1071744 KB and just sits there forever just like my 920 sits there forever spinning gears.. :cry:

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. For some reason the fw download in NaviFirm keeps getting hung up at 62% though. It gets to 667807/1071744 KB and just sits there forever just like my 920 sits there forever spinning gears.. :cry:

If you leave it til the battery drains, it will normally reboot as normal when you recharge.

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Well so far I was finally able to download the fw. I followed the instructions and it came back to life!

I restored from my backup and my original problem came back! :angry:

So I reset it again and decided not to restore and just start fresh.

Then the original problem came back! :angry:

I'm now resetting it again. Then I'll do any and all updates, then I'll login with my live account.. If it fails again.. I'm SOL?? :cry:

TheKinkajou

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll be sending it to Nokia for warranty repair. I don't have faith that AT&T is going to do anything for me besides try to get me to pay for a replacement. They probably wouldn't have another cyan to replace it with either. Now I just have to find a phone I can use temporarily while I wait for mine to be serviced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs