New Update, SO Happy! 1308.xx Update

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: My battery is fantastic after flashing to new firmware, placebo?

Is this 1308.xx firmware? If so, I will merge your post in that thread so that others who have battery queries after flash can see the benefits! I've had amazing first day so far!

LumiaDream

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes it is, sorry for the post I totally forgot about the other thread.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, perhaps a false alarm on the bad battery life, as I was unaware I had Groupon (Nokia version) enabled for background tasks....Will post results after turning that off, but so far (over the course of the remaining of the day) it has gotten a lot better...

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So far for today, I have 75% left and I have been without a charge for 6 hours. That's with some texting, a couple 5 minute phone calls, watching some videos on MetroTube, and surfing the web on WiFi all day, with WiFi always on, location, NFC, and also, Xbox sync with music and games off. I have about 22 hours left at this rate. :)

Lucius Fox

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Must be the drivers for the radios that boosted the battery life, that's what I've put my money on.

Thanks for all the updates guys, and is quite promising to hear that it has boosted battery life in that amount. at the moment i'm still on pre-1308 but have Portico installed and using that excellent Battery Widget app. with text messaging and most of background tasks turned off, i get a 5 or 6 hourly burn rate, but with background tasks for engadget, WPCentral, Amazing Weather HD turned on i get the same 5 or 6 percent hourly burn rate too.

In fact, last month and for All Time it says it is a 4.5% hourly burn rate, which is far too much. Looking forward to halving that value with the coming 1308 update! :)

inferno434

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I flashed 1308 onto my att 920 today. I have only had the device for two weeks, coming from wp7. My Lumia has always had the rattling vibrate mechanism issue ever since I've turned it on out of the box.

Post update today, I can't get it to rattle. The vibrate feedback is clean and it feels softer. Anyone else who had a similar rattle, notice a vast improvement from doing this update??

I keep wondering, because its not being mentioned as being a feature to this firmware update anywhere (is it?). Am I'm alone in this, or did it work its way out despite the update...? Tell me I'm not loosing my mind. Very happy with this update!

Magnus Peders1

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I flashed 1308 onto my att 920 today. I have only had the device for two weeks, coming from wp7. My Lumia has always had the rattling vibrate mechanism issue ever since I've turned it on out of the box.

Post update today, I can't get it to rattle. The vibrate feedback is clean and it feels softer. Anyone else who had a similar rattle, notice a vast improvement from doing this update??

I keep wondering, because its not being mentioned as being a feature to this firmware update anywhere (is it?). Am I'm alone in this, or did it work its way out despite the update...? Tell me I'm not loosing my mind. Very happy with this update!

I updated my 920 with NSU for Retail about an hour ago and I am pretty sure the vibration is a bit smoother..

Tested it after I read your post and it doesn't make the "loose screw" sound
that it sometimes would make.

inferno434

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I updated my 920 with NSU for Retail about an hour ago and I am pretty sure the vibration is a bit smoother..

Tested it after I read your post and it doesn't make the "loose screw" sound
that it sometimes would make.

Thanks. Usually opening the WPCentral app and getting the feedback upon loading the latest articles would be very jarring. Now its quite gentle.

To do more of a test, I downloaded an app trial for one of those vibrator apps and tested it out on a variety of the feedback modes. Even on the intermittent modes, I get no rattling between start up and stop.

Might be something to note for others..

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Usually opening the WPCentral app and getting the feedback upon loading the latest articles would be very jarring. Now its quite gentle.

To do more of a test, I downloaded an app trial for one of those vibrator apps and tested it out on a variety of the feedback modes. Even on the intermittent modes, I get no rattling between start up and stop.

Might be something to note for others..

I have also noticed that vibration for SMS and notifications are softer and in shorter bursts.

Also, I am now at 65%, with 15 hours remaining in terms of battery life, and a charge was last at around 8 hours ago.

I will keep everyone here updated as far as school goes in terms of battery life, as I get 1-2 bars and I usually get stuck on GPRS for a good portion of the day. I concluded that the phone keeps trying to get a signal, when I am in areas that I cannot receive one. Maybe it will time out faster and/or not try to reconnect as often.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've had my first total discharge (~5% remaining) in 28 hours with Skype and Whatsapp installed.
I charged my phone to 100% and left Skype and Whatsapp running in background over night - 8 hours. I've lost 9% battery in 8 hours in standby. Good or bad? You decide. For me knowing that Whatsapp and Skype were running all the time and I got notifications waiting for me when I woke up, is the big deal and if I only lost about 1.1% battery each hour, it's crazy good for idle phone connected on 3G!

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had my first total discharge (~5% remaining) in 28 hours with Skype and Whatsapp installed.
I charged my phone to 100% and left Skype and Whatsapp running in background over night - 8 hours. I've lost 9% battery in 8 hours in standby. Good or bad? You decide. For me knowing that Whatsapp and Skype were running all the time and I got notifications waiting for me when I woke up, is the big deal and if I only lost about 1.1% battery each hour, it's crazy good for idle phone connected on 3G!

That is pretty good!

As a heads up, today will be the real test for me, as I will go to school and I am expecting to have cruddy service because of the concrete building and the distance of the nearest radio tower. Usually when I am downstairs in the building, I have absolutely no service during my 1-2 periods. Third, I have either 2 bars of LTE, or 4 bars of EDGE, and I usually switch on and off airplane mode to get back onto LTE. 4th I have no service for the love of god, and 5th I have 3 bars of LTE.

Talk about variables haha. I have a feeling they designed the building to passively jam radio waves to help kids focus on their work more, which makes sense. Usually with all of the reconnecting and "trying to catch a signal" going on, I have about 20% left within 6 hours. If I can gain another 20% with this update, I will personally kiss the feet of whoever wrote the improved code of this firmware.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

So far for today, I have 75% left and I have been without a charge for 6 hours. That's with some texting, a couple 5 minute phone calls, watching some videos on MetroTube, and surfing the web on WiFi all day, with WiFi always on, location, NFC, and also, Xbox sync with music and games off. I have about 22 hours left at this rate. :)

Ironically, two days ago I was telling my friends that all people who complain about battery issues are either forgetting to close apps or doing something wrong, and yesterday I woke up to a dead phone and it died again at work with no apps open what so ever, and no noticeable heat. I turned it off and on and the problem did not go way, so I decided what the heck let's update firmware.

After update (3 hours ago) and restoring everything, I've got sync of 3 inboxes every 15 min, Whatsapp and Skype running in the background with Weather Flow, I am losing 2.5% percent per hour, WIFI is obviously on, and location is on.

Very good results I think, considering before I lost the same per hour and had no Skype or Whatsapp (they did not work if the app was closed, maybe the new firmware fixed it maybe just the reinstall).

Is it POST Peurtico update? Mine has Peurtico pre-installed

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have installed the post Portico update.

Also, last post on WiFi, with 67%. I will keep everyone updated.

Thank you. I can't wait for this update.

1) Any further improvmenet with the camera?
2) Any further reduction in heating issue while browsing and video recording?

KingKoopa28

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
How do you actually close apps in windows phone 8? The multitasking is a huge problem for me but not end of world is there a way to close apps?

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
How do you actually close apps in windows phone 8? The multitasking is a huge problem for me but not end of world is there a way to close apps?

Refers to that never closes? If the answer is yes ...
Access settings, slide to the right, right again to applications, and scroll down to background tasks.​

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo