New Update, SO Happy! 1308.xx Update

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but do we have any idea when this will be available for everyone OTA?

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but do we have any idea when this will be available for everyone OTA?

I will say give or take a week. Last time I updated through NCS, the day Portico came out, the OTA came out for AT&T users about a week later.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Just to point out - AT&T does not mean everyone. It might take weeks to months. Portico took about 2 months+ for world wide roll out.

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Another thing I have noticed, is that when you play a song from a long list of music, and I'm talking 2000 songs long, it loads instantly, instead of stalling for about 15 seconds.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Things I've noticed so far on my Red Lumia 920 (AT&T refurb bought off Craigslist brand new):

1. New storage option (awesome, although was never an issue for me...)
2. Faster boot, with Nokia showing up first
3. Better camera
4. SO FAR, no reboots or freezes (could possibly be because I did a complete reflash of a different ROM)...
5. WAY BETTER AUTO BRIGHTNESS. This drove me nuts, as the auto-brightness was schizophrenic and would adjust at the wrong times ALL THE TIME
6. Could be placebo (or, again, loading a completely different ROM from scratch), but keyboard seems better

I don't have the color adjust option, so perhaps that just comes in new display+touch update....

A54D

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
nope, portico still

I wouldn't jump gun just yet. I had average battery life with Portico but since the 1308 update (done via Nokia updater) it has been atrocious. Goes down rapidly with only WPCentral running in the background. I'm talking like 30% drop in the first hour off charge. Wish they fix this. Lumia 920 UK, EE.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't jump gun just yet. I had average battery life with Portico but since the 1308 update (done via Nokia updater) it has been atrocious. Goes down rapidly with only WPCentral running in the background. I'm talking like 30% drop in the first hour off charge. Wish they fix this. Lumia 920 UK, EE.

Check xbox music sync and email sync, try turning it off, battery drain can occur because of sync issues.

Davey123

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The update arrived on my L920 yesterday. I have not looked at it closely yet. However, I have noticed the auto-brightness problem is fixed. I have never had battery problems. And, I was on WP Central a lot yesterday. It in fact seems that my battery life is even better than before (i.e., battery status remaining in the upper 90 percent for an even longer period of time).

Again, I have not been vigilant at looking at what all the fixes are. However, I did notice those two things.

androidtoWM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
did you notice any improvements in battery life ?
Things I've noticed so far on my Red Lumia 920 (AT&T refurb bought off Craigslist brand new):

1. New storage option (awesome, although was never an issue for me...)
2. Faster boot, with Nokia showing up first
3. Better camera
4. SO FAR, no reboots or freezes (could possibly be because I did a complete reflash of a different ROM)...
5. WAY BETTER AUTO BRIGHTNESS. This drove me nuts, as the auto-brightness was schizophrenic and would adjust at the wrong times ALL THE TIME
6. Could be placebo (or, again, loading a completely different ROM from scratch), but keyboard seems better

I don't have the color adjust option, so perhaps that just comes in new display+touch update....

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I got the 1308.0020 Update and my battery has taken a serious hit. Only getting about 8hrs. No overheating or changes in use.

Just be patient ... it might takes over a week to get the best out of it ... and of course, all settings that you might disabled earlier are back on defaults again, so just check around, like everything under "Applications" ...

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
did you notice any improvements in battery life ?

I've only been running the update for a day or so, so I couldn't tell you yet. I didn't go to work yesterday (which would've been my real test). Also, I'm also giving it a couple of days before I pass final judgment. Because the auto-brightness problem is fixed, I'm hoping that will help things a little because not only was it driving me nuts, but also taxing the system to change the brightness in such a rapid succession.

I will say that I've just gotten off a 7-10 min phone call with my mother, and my battery life hasn't drop at all, and this is with prior light web browsing a couple of mins before as well....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa