New Update, SO Happy! 1308.xx Update

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I never have anything running in the background so I have no idea. Honestly, 8 hours is what I usually get out of this phone and I am happy with it.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Another thing I have noticed, is that when you play a song from a long list of music, and I'm talking 2000 songs long, it loads instantly, instead of stalling for about 15 seconds.

That is great news. I keep doing a 'play all songs' to generate a new random list, and not being able to change the volume for 10+ seconds can be a little embarrassing. Now if only I was so lucky to receive the ATT OTA.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I never have anything running in the background so I have no idea. Honestly, 8 hours is what I usually get out of this phone and I am happy with it.

8 hours without anything in background is bad, real bad. You are easily please mate!

I have only 1 background task - WPCentral. With that I get about 18-20 hours of regular texts, calls, emails, 2-3 hours Xbox Music streaming, a few races on Asphalt 7 and WPCentral browsing. I'm not on 1308.xx yet.

mapleleafs89

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I found leaving it in the charger for an hour or two after it shows its full really extends the life of the battery. Yesterday was one of the only times I charged by usb and when it showed 100% I took it off, discharged much quicker.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
8 hours without anything in background is bad, real bad. You are easily please mate!

I have only 1 background task - WPCentral. With that I get about 18-20 hours of regular texts, calls, emails, 2-3 hours Xbox Music streaming, a few races on Asphalt 7 and WPCentral browsing. I'm not on 1308.xx yet.

I only have 'The Football App' running in the background. Mind you, when I 1st got this phone, it maxxed out for about a week til it settled down to about 18+ hrs on a full charge. I'll give it another week and see.

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I surf the web alot, and text all day, I also have WiFi always on, and I use Facebook a lot.

For what all this phone has given me, the battery issue doesn't bother me that much. I have had this phone since late November, and although it has its problems, nothing quite beats the user interface and feel of this phone.

oosagi

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Has everyone that has updated the firmware done so at this time through the desktop connection option, or has anyone done it over the air through the phone? Also do you look for firmware updates somewhere different that the phone update section in settings?

smileyh

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
can someone explain how to flash it? I am downloading the att variant of the 1308.0 firmware..just don't know how I would flash it

Edit: just kidding it is actually 1308.1
RM-820 NDT AMERICA ATT black (059L848)

Last edited:

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I had battery draining from portico, so I flashed the software and same results, so I flashed again but chose a different color for the firmware and now the battery life is amazing, idk why it changed

jieqin

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
The only way to check for an OTA update for this particular version is through 'Settings > Phone Update > Check For Updates' right?

The only thing I hate about WP8/LM920 is the duration it took to push updates out to the general public.

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
The only way to check for an OTA update for this particular version is through 'Settings > Phone Update > Check For Updates' right?

The only thing I hate about WP8/LM920 is the duration it took to push updates out to the general public.

I was thinking that's one of the lumias strong points....haha

jwdaigle

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Just switched from a Galaxy S2 running CyanogenMod 10.1 to a Lumia 820. But very much a newbie on the whole flashing/updating thing. Hoping someone will have pity on my cluelessness and point me in the right direction to start learning about the world of updating a Lumia? :)

Settings/About says:
OS version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware: 1232.5951.1249.1001

What decade am I living in with that and how/should I update to something newer? I go to Check for updates, and it seems to think what I have is just fine. Am I running Portico? Is there something newer?

And most importantly, pointing me towards a FAQ of some kind that explains all this will drastically reduce how much of a pain I am in this forum :)

Thanks in advance -

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Just an update on battery life....

So far (day 2) I'm experiencing the horrible battery life everyone else has been. It nearly completely drained today with extremely light usage.

Devamps

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Just switched from a Galaxy S2 running CyanogenMod 10.1 to a Lumia 820. But very much a newbie on the whole flashing/updating thing. Hoping someone will have pity on my cluelessness and point me in the right direction to start learning about the world of updating a Lumia? :)

Settings/About says:
OS version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware: 1232.5951.1249.1001

What decade am I living in with that and how/should I update to something newer? I go to Check for updates, and it seems to think what I have is just fine. Am I running Portico? Is there something newer?

And most importantly, pointing me towards a FAQ of some kind that explains all this will drastically reduce how much of a pain I am in this forum :)

Thanks in advance -

Here is.
Updating Lumias WP8

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss