New Update, SO Happy! 1308.xx Update

Faragondk

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Just an update on battery life....

So far (day 2) I'm experiencing the horrible battery life everyone else has been. It nearly completely drained today with extremely light usage.

Have you tried to switch the phone off/on when it behaves like this? I'm still on portico, but my battery meter can't be trusted. when my phone drains too fast, I switch the phone off and then on, my battery meter just jumped from 24% to 64% which is alot, it usually jumps 20-30%. I have never experienced a worse battery meter on any phone, can it really be so hard to fix?

Last edited:

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have also noticed better connectivity with the Xbox 360 while having a pass code. I have been running the same dashboard version pre and post install so it must be WP8 side.

alpha beta gaga

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
i hope i get the ota update pushed to me before my 30 day return window runs out on 13 april! really wanna see good battery stats after the update. n4 and htc one batteries are laughing all over the 920 at the mo.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Okay I did this non-OTA yesterday as I had to do it for science. Its been 18 hours since I updated, fully charged phone. I've only been texting since - nothing else. I have 93% battery remaining! No background tasks. 3G, tap to send, location, find my phone - always on.

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Same here very tempted to use NCS and do my Orange locked phone... But will i lose any orange customisations or apn info??? Don't wanna end with a phone a i can't get into the web on after...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Sounds good I'm tempted to update, how do I know which version to choose? how to updatE?

The steps remain same as this thread here - http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...co-update-global-lumia-920-clean-install.html
You first find out what your device's number is RM821 is Lumia 920 but you need to find out product code. That thread tells you how to find product code.

Once you know product code, you just enter it and it will automatically show you newest firmware, you download it, and install it - very straight forward. Follow that guide.

Same here very tempted to use NCS and do my Orange locked phone... But will i lose any orange customisations or apn info??? Don't wanna end with a phone a i can't get into the web on after...

I have EE locked phone too - it doesn't change anything. You don't lose anything. There isn't any Orange customization and the ROMs your flash are for EE so nothing to worry about.

Also, radio firmware has been updated.

1249.xxx

The most noticeable difference now is - with highest connection speed set to 4G, a non-4G SIM doesn't keep jumping to find 4G network! Earlier we had to change that to 3G so you never get 3G+ speeds. Now its been nearly a day and my highest connection speed is 4G. The network is stable and I can connect to internet at 3G+. However, it could just be EE's network improved suddenly so will wait for someone else to observe this.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to switch the phone off/on when it behaves like this? I'm still on portico, but my battery meter can't be trusted. when my phone drains too fast, I switch the phone off and then on, my battery meter just jumped from 24% to 64% which is alot, it usually jumps 20-30%. I have never experienced a worse battery meter on any phone, can it really be so hard to fix?

I just tried this, after pulling my battery from the charger and it being at 95% (after next to no use), and it went to 100%. This sucks, as I now know I can't trust my battery meter. Would doing power cycles help it recalibrate? I know there is this whole "that was only with old batteries" movement going on, but it would make sense that it would have to calibrate for the software, and not the battery itself...

Another thing I've noticed is that Bing wallpapers correctly update now. Again, idk if its because I installed a fresh new ROM, but I'm just glad it finally works again.

stiflingcobra

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok did my 820 using Nokia Software Updater and it went fine!! No issues so far, just waiting for the updates to come through now..

Didn't mind the reset as the phone is new and I've installed loads of crap just messing about...

LumiaDream

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My battery is fantastic after flashing to new firmware, placebo?

Ironically, two days ago I was telling my friends that all people who complain about battery issues are either forgetting to close apps or doing something wrong, and yesterday I woke up to a dead phone and it died again at work with no apps open what so ever, and no noticeable heat. I turned it off and on and the problem did not go way, so I decided what the heck let's update firmware.

After update (3 hours ago) and restoring everything, I've got sync of 3 inboxes every 15 min, Whatsapp and Skype running in the background with Weather Flow, I am losing 2.5% percent per hour, WIFI is obviously on, and location is on.

Very good results I think, considering before I lost the same per hour and had no Skype or Whatsapp (they did not work if the app was closed, maybe the new firmware fixed it maybe just the reinstall).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss