New Update, SO Happy! 1308.xx Update

m0unds

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having network and data connection issues after this update? Although my battery seems much better, network is terrible! Even with 5 bars and 3G+ sometimes I cannot even open a normal webpage or load comments in WPC app!

After I got the 1308 update, I am having bad connection issues. SMS texts fail, calls drop. Also, since the upgrade, I can no longer access Field Test Mode. They seem to have closed that loophole?

yeah, same issues here. there's another thread about it specifically - http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ng-connectivity-issues-after-1308-update.html

Gsoto

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
For everyone wanting updates, I flashed my firmware to 1308.xx and picked the Israeli (local) firmware, instead of Vodafone DE one (bought phone in Germany).

So far here is what is different:
1- Phone no longer freezes when charging (I assumed because I wasn't using a Nokia charger, but it works fine now).
2- Skype and Whatsapp notifiactions work correctly even if app is closed (never worked before, ever, not even once for me).
3- Skype, Whatsapp, Location, WIFI are all on, battery discharge is 1.7%/hour without usage.
4- I now get H+ when using cellular network, it was only H previously. Most likely because I picked my proper local firmware this time instead of German one.
5- Photo boots faster, definitely.
6- Camera focuses a bit better when trying to focus on somewhat far objects, and videos seem to switch focus better (not stuck on something you don't want to be focused)
7- Auto Brightness seems the same to be, but I never had problems with it.
8- I got the new storage thingy, and I can now clean up the Other folder and see which apps take how much space.

Feel free to ask any questions.

For those of you that you update with another firmware, instead of the original product code I am in this situation that I do not have any update available to my phone , but I am eager to test this new 1308 firmware. DO you believe that I should try another firmware that do not match my actual product code ???

Thank you in advanced for your help

EDIT POST

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
So, I have had the problem with my phone's screen going black because something is inside the proximity sensor, most likely dust. The new update that is coming out has fixed that for me. I mean, I can use the keypad when I make a call now, and it doesn't take me 5 or so tries to double click the power button and try to jab at the end call button. Storage issue is gone, I had a whopping 16 gigabytes taken up by useless temporary files. Now, I don't have to worry about this.

I updated via NaviFirm and Nokia Care Suite on a friend's computer, because I had only 250mb left and I was not going to delete anything as I use a Linux machine and the MTP protocol WP8 uses wonks Linux out for some reason.

Just happy that I can make calls in peace and not see, Low Storage error every day. You all should be excited.
Totally fixed my prox sensor problems too .. I am pumped that I no longer fear calling somewhere that requires numbers being pushed haha .. It got to a point where I stopped using my phone for any calls other than calls to cell phones

GizmoEV

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
seems like the field test option is no longer available on the new firmware for me :|

That is what I found. Unfortunately mine was in 2G only mode. I finally did a firmware restore back to 1249 since this function is critical to me. Hopefully someone figures out the replacement to the ##3282 code and posts it.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
That is what I found. Unfortunately mine was in 2G only mode. I finally did a firmware restore back to 1249 since this function is critical to me. Hopefully someone figures out the replacement to the ##3282 code and posts it.

Weird, i'm on 1308 and ##3282 works for me!
I dont use it at all because i'm not with AT&T and can change my data settings in the normal settings menu. So it seems just an american thing?
Weird, seems like they really want you using 4g....lol

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
what did you mean when you said that u chose a different color for the firmware? Is it like choosing a different theme color?

As in there are different firmwares for each colour on navifirm. I have a black phone and have always used black firmwares however today i flashed a cyan firmware to my phone to see if there is any difference. I'll upload a screenshot of what i mean. 1sec

I should add that all the firmwares SHOULD be the exact same except for different default tile colour.... not sure why the different names. firmwarecolours.png

jwdaigle

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... What application did you use to update your firmware? The thing I used looked nothing like that... And the thing I used didnt give me any choices about what firmware to flash with, it seemed to just pick what it thought "best", which turned out to be 1308 for my exact model phone, including region etc

Updater.PNG

yarin_sasson

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm Israeli I also bought my lumia 920 from Vodafone DE I want to flash Israeli firmware too but I'm afraid of bricking the phone.
I already flashed some devices including my lumia but with match firmware.

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, for those of you who had a phone which would randomly shut down - did this update fix that problem?

I dont suffer from it, but just curious

miodrage

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I am getting exactly the opposite, for me since 1308 battery life has improved for more than 20%. Usually at this time I had 14-25% battery life, now I have 38%. I am very please what 1308 did for my phone :D

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I got a weird problem, my clock and battery are permanently displayed all the time.
This is really bugging me. Anyone else have this?
your battery is critically low that is why the battery icon shows all the time to reminds you to charge so your phone doesn't spontaneously die on you ;)

Anyway I have experienced good things with this firmware. same battery life. much faster wifi, and app updates are more consistent. the much shorter boot time is also appreciated

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss