RE: Fix Nokia Lumia 920 Losing Signal Issue - Keeps disconnecting with cellular network

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Fix Nokia Lumia 920 Losing Signal Issue - Keeps disconnecting with cellular network

I'm trying the Here Drive fix. No matter what version of WP i'm using my wifes 920 has the issue. I doubt it's the antenna because the phone did fine until I updated. And both my 920 and her own acted the same way. Mine eventually solved itself and that is odd. It tells me it's a software problem. I'm thinking the Here Drive issue might just be true and that is why mine resolved itself. I'll let everyone know how her phone does. Should have some info tomorrow.

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Fix Nokia Lumia 920 Losing Signal Issue - Keeps disconnecting with cellular network

Well, in just a few minutes, I think the Here Drive could be a real problem for signal drop outs. I've been going crazy trying to figure it out and sure enough, after 20 recovery's, 20 updates - all done differently (meaning I'd stop updating at a certain point) - and no matter what the problem existed. I NONE OF THEM had I set up Here drive. So, just now, I updated Here Drive and d/l the voice and maps, and blamo my signal bars went from 2 to 3 and not one dropped call out of 10 tries. Now before this I'd only get one call through out of 10. And sometimes it dropped out for 2-3 minutes before the signal came back. Now maybe I'm just hoping a bit too much and seeing what I want to see but time will tell.

So now I venture to take her phone back to Windows 10. I'll post up more info later.

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Ok, so after updating the here drive everything began working perfectly normal. So I decided to push the envelope once again and moved from Cyan 8.1 to Denim 8.1 and then to Windows 10. Still worked perfectly and then Windows installed some update - not sure which, don't know how to look it up. I received the message, phone update restart the phone - and BLAMO the problem is back. Now the phone is updating to the latest release. I've got a bad feeling.

I'm going to do a recovery and see if I can repeat the process and hold on 8.1 denim and see if Here Drive actually affects the phone.

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Wishful thinking. After doing a recovery directly to 8.0 and making sure Here Drive is completely installed, the phone continues to drop calls and lose signal.

My only guess now is that there is an antenna problem as Aristotles suggested. I suppose the one hard thing to believe is that so many 920's have this issue.

Now it's time to try to open this thing up. Hoping it's not too hard.

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Well I was thinking, I don't believe it's the antenna. When I search manually for a signal when there is none, it finds them. I would think if the antenna is defective or broken then it couldn't even find the Ting broadcasts.

Also, when I looked at the signals this is what showed...

Ting: 4G, LTE
Ting: Forbidden
Ting: 4G LTE

That forbidden one is odd. Wondering if I need a new sim?

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Well, after much testing and a new Sim (Ting), my wifes lumia is officially dust. My last resort is to open it up and check the antenna connections. I'm not fond of that but if they're in place, then into the trash it goes. :(

OG_ThaRealMan

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

Well, after much testing and a new Sim (Ting), my wifes lumia is officially dust. My last resort is to open it up and check the antenna connections. I'm not fond of that but if they're in place, then into the trash it goes. :(

Did fiddling around with the antenna connections finally solve the issue?I've being experiencing similar trouble with my htc 8s for a while now that can only function on 2g & it seems solutions to this problem that have worked out for some people won't work out for others.Plz help if you can

JFD303

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site

I have a Nokia 640 with the same problem.

It doesn't matter if I have manual or automatic network selection, whenever it is connecting in 4g it loses connection at least once every 30 seconds.

If I set the phone to 3g it works fine and never loses connection.

The phone is supposed to be 4g, but basically 4g doesn't work properly - so I just use it as a 3g phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos