RE: Fix Nokia Lumia 920 Losing Signal Issue - Keeps disconnecting with cellular network

amilayajr

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
RE: Fix Nokia Lumia 920 Losing Signal Issue - Keeps disconnecting with cellular network

I just want to share my experience to everyone dealing with the issue with my Lumia 920 that keeps disconnecting or losing connection with my cellular carrier. I believe the issue lies with the software if your phone is set to select the carrier automatically. If you set your phone to "Manual" to select network carrier it should resolve the issue. I have been having this issue for about a month now and I just tried fiddling with cellular network settings and decided to select my carrier manually. What do you know, I never have any more problems losing connection with my carrier especially if I enable my data for internet connection. Try it out guys. Hopefully this help at all.

Products4Men

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fix Nokia Lumia 920 Network Connectivity Issue - Keeps disconnecting with cellular network

I am going to do this for the sake of science especially since I am on EE - which uses 3 networks : Orange, T-mobile and EE if you are on 4G, uses Orange and T-mobile if you are on 3G - so ideally manually *wont* work, but that's for science to decide ;)

edit: worth a shot as manually you get options of : EE 3g, 2g and EE 4g,3g,2g. I think automatically it selected EE 4g,3g,2g and hence bad connection.

If this works - we are in business!

Boxerboy213

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fix Nokia Lumia 920 Network Connectivity Issue - Keeps disconnecting with cellular network

I don't have that option... Just choice of data off/on and to roam/not roam. Also add APN and MMS APN

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

I don't have that option... Just choice of data off/on and to roam/not roam. Also add APN and MMS APN

It will help if you tell us what network and country you are in - that way others can see if it is software related or carrier related or regional.

amilayajr

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

You have to click or select "Network Selection box" it will either say "Automatic" or your carrier name. Just select the box on where it says "automatic or your carrier name.

Boxerboy213

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I was using a White AT&T Lumia 920. And it turns out, it was due to the new firmware update. I just reverted back to Portico and the problem was fixed. Thanks anyways for the ones who helped me.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fix Nokia Lumia 920 Losing Signal Issue - Keeps disconnecting with cellular network

Update on EE - internet stops working on manual network selection. However, I discovered that with maximum speed set to 4G, I still have consistent network on automatic - which is weird as it never happens so.

pontus

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Fix Nokia Lumia 920 Losing Signal Issue - Keeps disconnecting with cellular network

I have had this problem, temporaily losing the signal, for a month or so. I actually think it started when I enabled 4G. I have had my settings like; 4G, Manual Network (Telia in SE) and it happens all the time. Not an acceptable situation for a business phone. Now I will try to set it at 3G and Automatic choice of network, and see if the problem resolves.

Robert Killinger

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

my phone continues to do this as well. the only options I have under cellular is data connection on/off, data roaming on/off, add internet apn, and add mms apn. also my battery appears to be draining much faster after the update. I thought id just roll back updates but I cant figure out how to do it

vimukthi999

May 28, 2013
Visit site

I just want to share my experience to everyone dealing with the issue with my Lumia 920 that keeps disconnecting or losing connection with my cellular carrier. I believe the issue lies with the software if your phone is set to select the carrier automatically. If you set your phone to "Manual" to select network carrier it should resolve the issue. I have been having this issue for about a month now and I just tried fiddling with cellular network settings and decided to select my carrier manually. What do you know, I never have any more problems losing connection with my carrier especially if I enable my data for internet connection. Try it out guys. Hopefully this help at all.

Products4Men

i had the same issue untill i found this post...gr8 help

dirkprinsloo

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Now I want to share my experience on this issue. I am running the 1308 version of the software on my Lumia 920. I have been experiencing this for about a month now and I was just about to give up, but then...
Trying all your suggestions of setting the cell network fixed to the operator instead of automatic, it did not work. I have been trying all sorts of things (reboots, airplane mode, soft resets and even hard factory reset), but nothing worked. I was fiddling with Nokia Here Drive+ app and found that the turn by turn navigation did not work. I found out the reason for this was because although the settings has been enabled on the app, the phone still needed a voice. So under Settings > Speech, I had no voice downloaded. I selected the English UK voice (although I am based in South Africa), it then said downloading, but nothing was happening. Clicking on on the text that said downloading... it directed me to the phone update and the phone started looking for an update. It found one, and I proceeded to install. I believe the voice gets installed as an update, not sure. But after the updated completed, the phone rebooted and VIOLA!!!!! No more signal issues. BTW, the phone is still on version 1308, after this update process

Muhammad Kamran1

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

I also have same problem
and I personally contact Nokia Care Pakistan but unfortunately they also could not resolve this issue
I buy just before 2 month from Dubai

tsk1979

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site

This is not a fix, this is a workaround. This means whenever I go roaming, I have to select network manually every time.
Is there a proper solution available to this problem, or is this a feature with windows phone?
I am also facing this in India. When network is set to automatic, sometimes the phone loses signal. So I have to select "manual" and then select my network.

Aristotelis Kourtis

May 29, 2014
Visit site

The problem is in the loose cable that connects the two antennas. The image shows with light blue the antennas. The red line is the loose cable. Just plug it in and it will work.

antenna-locations.png

Shauren

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I am on EE and a few days ago my phone started to lose mobile network signal too. I changed the highest connection speed under Settings > Mobile Network to 3G as I don't have a 4G contract. This sorted the problem for me.

Nejcooo

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I know this is old thread, but thank you sir.

Samrat Gavale

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site

I was facing this issue with Lumia 950. It was so bad that phone used to lose network every minute for a few seconds and then reconnect. I limited the highest connection speed (Cellular + Sim > SIM setting > Highest Connection Speed) to 3G instead of the default 4G and its working like a charm now. I am using Ultra mobile sim.

Muyanja

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site

is there any hardware solution for lumia 920 (at&t) make signal ways

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb