Nice effect - set your lock screen to a blurred version of your home screen

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
what weather app are you using that is being shown on your lock screen?

Weather Wallpaper, works pretty well. Very responsive developer as well, recommended.

Edit: by the way, that means that you would set the background image from within Weather Wallpaper to get what I have here.

Last edited:

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Extra points for replacing your People Hub tile in the photo editor with an incredibly hot person with their shirt off, and then making sure you blur that tile so you can _just_ make out what it is. Should go over well if your partner ever picks up your phone :)

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, I was hoping that people would start posting their own creations. Very cool. I tried 'zoom blur' earlier, but that got me dizzy.. Next up: the 'Van Gogh' filter!

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I really like the look of this effect, but the one thing that bothers me is when you swipe up your start screen also looks like it's sliding up since it is part of the wallpaper. If it were possible to truly make the lockscreen opaque then I would never use a regular wallpaper ever again.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Photoshop CS6. Filters>Extrude, 60 depth. Added a dark gradient ramp to the bottom to make the time text more legible.

Oh man, that is awesome. I like that better than what I did, but i don't think I can afford CS6 (must.. resist.. torrenting..). Great work!

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I really like the look of this effect, but the one thing that bothers me is when you swipe up your start screen also looks like it's sliding up since it is part of the wallpaper.

I know what you mean, every time I unlock my phone I'm disappointed that the live tiles don't smoothly come into focus. MS will have to hop on the 'mangled lock screen' train and build it into WP8.5.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh man, that is awesome. I like that better than what I did, but i don't think I can afford CS6 (must.. resist.. torrenting..). Great work!

Thanks - it's one of the more interesting filters I've seen in awhile.

You can get the 30-day trial and at least make wallpapers for the next 30 days ;)

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean, every time I unlock my phone I'm disappointed that the live tiles don't smoothly come into focus. MS will have to hop on the 'mangled lock screen' train and build it into WP8.5.

I can't imagine it being too difficult for MS to implement if they wanted to. Back when I had an iPhone, I used a jailbreak tweak called BlurriedNCBackground which does exactly this with the iOS notification centre. Here's a video showing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)