Hey guys, I have a Telstra Lumia 920 with the portico update I think anyway. What I would like to do is Flash generic AU firmware or any firmware that will work for that matter. I have Navi Firm installed and im seeing a lot of different varients I can't seem to find the right version generic for my Black Telstra Lumia any chance you guys could help me please

Thanks guys
    03-24-2013 02:08 AM
    Sorry cant help as I too am having trouble working out what firmware i can flash using navifrim, i have an 820 on New zealand vodafone and woul dalso like a generic firmware, can i use euro firmware or will that brick my phone ??

some help please thanks
    03-24-2013 02:13 AM
    Yep, 1sec I'll get you the correct firmware (I too have a telstra lumia which i flashed with generic firmware)

Alright,

Open up navifirm and click the clear local cache button.
    Now find the Nokia Lumia 920 RM-821 and go down to 1232.5957.1308.3 then select

"RM-821 VAR APAC AU CV Black/Grey" if you have a black or grey phone
    "RM-821 VAR AU CV White/Yellow/Red" if you have a, you guessed it, white, yellow or red phone
    "RM-821 VAR AUSTRALIA AU CV Cyan" if you have the cyan version

(they're all basically the same tbh so it doesn't matter which one you chose)

I should point out that this 1308 firmware is unreleased at the moment (although it's the same firmware that will be released over the air soon). If youre going to flash your phone, might as well get the latest version ey? I just flashed mine to 1308 about 2h ago.

Instructions for how to flash: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ed-inside.html

i have an 820 on New zealand vodafone and woul dalso like a generic firmware, can i use euro firmware or will that brick my phone ??

some help please thanks
    As for you, I tried looking on navifirm but couldn't find any unbranded 820 NZ firmware, just the vodafone one. I wouldnt flash a Euro firmware, it makes more sense to flash an australian unbranded one!
    So you'd go to Nokia Lumia 820 (RM-825) then to 1232.5957.1308.3 and select the "RM-825 VAR APAC AU CV" firmware. That should work fine in NZ.

And both of you get unreleased firmware, yay!
    Last edited by nikhilr51; 03-24-2013 at 03:06 AM.
    KingKoopa28 likes this.
    03-24-2013 02:47 AM
    You sir are a legend ty mate
    nikhilr51 likes this.
    03-24-2013 03:22 AM
    Yep thanks so much, flashed my n8 so many times using Phoenix but its taking a bit of time to get used to this 820.
    03-24-2013 05:01 AM
    Ok after a million try's I cannot get the dam hold vol down and per till vibrate then vol up ECT dam done my head in I gave up
    03-24-2013 06:50 AM
    Ok after a million try's I cannot get the dam hold vol down and per till vibrate then vol up ECT dam done my head in I gave up
    I share your frustration man! Although for me it was because i was using a mac with bootcamp (doesnt work btw), moved to a win7 pc and it worked very nicely!

Not sure whats wrong with your setup but what i did was basically:
    1. DONT plug phone it, go through all the care suite prompts and click the flash button (or whatever it says) and it'll give you an error with a retry button
    2. Plug phone in, give it a sec for it to be connected properly, then volume down and power. The instant your phone screen goes black hit the retry button.
    3. When you feel the vibrate a second later let go of the buttons and hold just the volume up. Keep holding it till you see the nokia logo AT THE TOP of the phone screen (not normal), only then can you let go of all buttons.
    4. Wait
    5. Done :D
    03-24-2013 08:20 AM
    I share your frustration man! Although for me it was because i was using a mac with bootcamp (doesnt work btw), moved to a win7 pc and it worked very nicely!

Not sure whats wrong with your setup but what i did was basically:
    1. DONT plug phone it, go through all the care suite prompts and click the flash button (or whatever it says) and it'll give you an error with a retry button
    2. Plug phone in, give it a sec for it to be connected properly, then volume down and power. The instant your phone screen goes black hit the retry button.
    3. When you feel the vibrate a second later let go of the buttons and hold just the volume up. Keep holding it till you see the nokia logo AT THE TOP of the phone screen (not normal), only then can you let go of all buttons.
    4. Wait
    5. Done :D
    May I point out that in step 3 you don't "have to" hold volume up - as soon as phone vibrates, just click retry and leave all buttons.
    03-24-2013 08:54 AM
    May i know why do you guys want to flash to the generic ones? Is it because of the "No service" issue that telstra 920s are having? If anyone did the flashing, has the issue been resolved?

I'm having this issue and it is frustrating as ****. I have to restart my phone couple times a day and Telstra has no answer to this.
    03-24-2013 10:12 PM
    Ok managed to flash it same day as I posted think it was a driver issue it worked first go on my laptop. Reason I flashed was I want updates the day they come out not two months later when Telstra feel like it. Thanks again for the help mate much appreciated
    03-30-2013 09:19 AM
    As the servers have now been restricted I can only access the older firmware. Am I right in choosing the "RM-821 VAR AU CV RED (059Q9P1)" for my Telstra branded 920 to at least get it with unbranded firmware?
    04-23-2013 03:38 AM