Cannot transfer contacts from Ipad

Zubo

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I used the Transfer contacts app on the 920....

I managed to pair using bluetooth my iPad 1, but when I tried to connect the app said that I couldnt transfer anything because I did not have a Microsoft account on the Ipad.

This is not true... I have a number of email accounts and one is my main MS account called gsz1@outlook.com

anyone help?

thanks

george

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean the Transfer my Data app? I believe the message you are receiving is telling you to use the Microsoft account's cloud capabilities to copy contacts, pictures, etc from your iPad to your phone. I just connected to a new iPad and it said that it can't because "Windows Phone" is not supported.

Zubo

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
this is a bit sad... I tried to reply to you using my Nokia 920... but everytime I clicked into this box the keyboard flashed open to allow me to type and immediately closed again... so I am typing this from my desktop.... I think its the clever software this site uses in this box ... the 920 cannot work with it...

anyway .... yes that is the right app but I get the following message not the one you get when I press connect and it tries to connect:

Copy

Sorry you can't copy anything directly from George's iPad.

Try adding a Microsoft account or other account in Settings. You can then sync your phone with existing contacts, pictures, documents and more...

That is it...

The daft thing is that my phone IS synced to the MS account and I do have all my Facebook, photos, skydrive nicely connected and synced...

BUT ... I noticed that on my cloud contacts which have been synced there are a number of contacts on my ipad which are not an email or facebook contact simply a name and phone number and ALL these have not been picked up by my setting up of Windows 8... and that is understandable ... they are all on my apple kit... so this was the only way I could think of easily transferring these .... but it obviously needs them setup as MS accounts..... as far as I can see...

ah well .... another keying job....

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'll offer this as a suggestion. If you can export your icloud contacts as a CSV file, you could then import them to your outlook.com email address. Then they will sync with your phone no problem. Not sure if you can export as csv, though.

Zubo

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
there is a much better solution I have just found called PhoneCopy...

it supports cross platform syncing... clever ... so you use the iphone app - even on an ipad, it syncs its own servers with your data after you regioster (Its all free)

then they have views/tools to allow you to remove dupes etc

and you setup an account on your phone... and sync it all back... brilliant

https://www.phonecopy.com/en/pages/how_to_synchronize_contacts_to_windows_phone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon