The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    I live in the UK, 2 weeks ago I bought a grey Lumia 920 from Australia and it arrived a week ago. The first thing I noticed is that there is a slight rattle from within the phone, annoying when the phone vibrates but I can live with that.

Another issue I have is the phone will just turn off for no apparent reason, I can only turn it back on if I do a soft reset, by holding power button and volume button together.

I have googled these issues and they seem to be issues many users are experiencing. I've been searching around the various forums for a resolution to this problem however I am yet to find one.

My last resort would be to send it back, however no one will repair it under warranty here in the UK as I bought it from Australia. My dilemma is, is this something that could be fixed within an update or am I better off to return the phone and cut my losses?

Your help is appreciated.
    03-25-2013 06:46 AM
    I think its safer to return it.. I mostly think that some of your issues are software. However, if I were you I would be cautious and send it back.. When your receive your refund, buy a SIM-Free Lumia 920 from the UK.. Ohh also try to email Nokia and tell them about it. Nokia's customer service is amazing and they might repair your phone in the UK..
    03-25-2013 06:53 AM
    If you do not change it (return), then read this message 202:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...tm#post1929084

There is also some feedback that a new firmware 1232.5957.1308.00xx reduce the rattling of vibration ...
    03-25-2013 06:57 AM
    Reset the phone this afternoon and I have woken up to find that the phone is off again. Nokia have pointed me to 1 of their re-sellers in the city, I have called them and they say they know the problem and a reflash of the phone would cure the problems. Iam a bit reluctant to do it though for 2
    reasons, the first being all they may flash my phone but the problem still exists after, the second it has an australia/New Zealand Rom. As always advice is appreciated.
    03-25-2013 09:31 PM
    If Nokia have directed you to a Service Centre to have the problem resolved then I would go for it - it's a warranty service. Also note that Service Centres can flash ROMs from any country - they should flash the ROM that matches the product code of your device.
    03-26-2013 04:40 AM
    I had same issue........ the folks here in att tech support or service station don't have a clue what so ever why this is being caused

What i have found is ........... getting this issue when using the bluetooth streaming and doing multi tasking..... but doing soft reset does the trick
    Last edited by nrockz; 03-26-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    03-26-2013 02:17 PM
    Buddy first things first. Rattle on vibration 95% of the 920s have it. So be happy you part of the majority. Your fix 1. Disable vibration 2. Start to love it.
    Then the reboots, why don't you try doing a hard reset in your phone and carry out some tests,
    1. Is it some app which causes the phone to zzzzzzz. There are a few rogue apps like weather which do tend to make the phone go bonkers.
    2.is it your proximity sensor which is taking you for a ride, recalibrate the sensor..bing it on how to..
    3.check battery discharge pattern with battery sense app on the market.

Worry not things will get better..
    03-26-2013 03:15 PM
    So have had the phone reflashed, this maybe too soon, but so far so good :-) Not had a restart in the whole day. The phones not European so the Nokia centre charged me 10 which is no biggey. I can live with the vibration for now, but surely there is a fix right?
    03-27-2013 05:44 PM
    So have had the phone reflashed, this maybe too soon, but so far so good :-) Not had a restart in the whole day. The phones not European so the Nokia centre charged me 10 which is no biggey. I can live with the vibration for now, but surely there is a fix right?
    See told you Nokia is amazing!! For 10 you have your phone partially fixed plus you know you get support all the time!!
    03-27-2013 05:51 PM
    Just a quick update. Still no restart as of yet :-) Thanks people :-) I would tell them to fix the loose component but I really don't want to be opening up my phone, so I will learn to live with it
    03-29-2013 08:44 PM
    One more update. Still all working good, if anyone is suffering from this problem I suggest taking it to the nokia support store
    04-16-2013 03:38 AM