Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 Really Stands Out - Especially In Public!

hamzie11

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I have got a lot of comments on my yellow lumia (build 920.1 with no flaws at all)

funniest was at the station, where this guy seemed to be giiving me a death stare - then i noticed he was holding a lumia 920 himself and he was giving me the nod of approval

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I was until I trialed high contrast and that is what I am using now. I love the look! If you are not sure of how to check it out go to settings - ease of access and select high contrast. I like it :)

Prior to that I was using yellow tiles.

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I do also have the Nokia black shell case in the event I want to use other color themes. The one thing about the yellow is you are limited in that sense without a case on it but to be honest I love the yellow tiles and high contrast so much the case has never been put on it lol.

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I consider myself a lover of technology and have always had the latest and greatest phones. I currently am the proud owner of a Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 and I must say not only is the phone the fastest and most responsive phone I have ever used (and I have used iOS and Android) but it is also a major eye catcher! When I go to Starbucks people ask me about my phone, when I go out to eat at restaurants waitresses comment on my phone. The list goes on - are you noticing this with your Lumia as well? I love the look, feel and solid build of the phone but also love the Windows 8 OS and general functionality of the phone as well.I have experienced some of the known issues with my Lumia such as proximity sensor and dust issues, my phones have not been perfect but I have been a loyal fan of Nokia and have been working with them to address the said issues with my phone. In the past if I experienced these issues with another brand I probably would have jumped ship but my loyalty is with Nokia and despite the issues I am a fan of the phone build and functionality and feel it is by far the best Windows 8 phone on the market. So.......is your Lumia 920 getting noticed?!
Yep, yellow makes people ask you about your phone. My favorite comment thus far is "does that case come with that phone?" ^_^

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree and good choice on the white! I was looking at them and like how versatile the white is when it comes to different color themes. I truly believe Apple needs to come out with something new because the innovation has been lacking over the past couple of releases. I like you get a lot of people asking about my phone, I went with something totally different when selecting yellow and I am consistently being asked about it and when I show people the phone and how fast and responsive it is they are in awwww. Great phone, no question!

I'm interested in seeing your tile layout and what you actually show to these people apart from yellow phone - what apps, what features that they go awww?

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Rocking a Cyan 920 here, and it gets attention as if I'm in a Chase ad (B&W BG- the iPhone/Droid crowd, with the blue freedom card-Me hehe)

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Well I got the 920 in black even though I had the choice in the shop of the cyan, yellow or red. At the time I didn't get the "feel" for the colours. However, since buying the CC-1043 cases in cyan, yellow and red I have to say that I am LOVING the yellow case wit hthe yellow theme. See my post here

The phone is sat on the NFC charger on the end of my desk and has in 2 days picked up a dozen complements.

However...I am quite conscious that "waving around" a bright yellow, red or blue phone in public, especially at night can be asking for it to be grabbed. A black Nokia 920 looks more or less the ame as any other mobile and wouldnt attract untoward attention. So I'm in two minds whether its a good thing to have a coloured case / phone when out and about.

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've just upgraded to a yellow 920 (currently have an iphone 5) hopefully delivered tomorrow. Looks like ill be getting a lot of attention by the sounds of it.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i have opted for the more subtle black but i have the official nokia case in yellow red blue and grey to freshen it up every now and again and i even match it with my clothing lol. black and white to me are the most versatile when it comes to the colors of the phone but at the same time yellow red and blue make for unique looking devices. i feel personally that nokia hit a nail on the head with the colors chosen as prior to my black 920 i had a cyan 900 and loved every second of that phone. im glad you guys love your lumias and i hope that you continue to as i love mine. #teamwindowsphone

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I got the 920 in black even though I had the choice in the shop of the cyan, yellow or red. At the time I didn't get the "feel" for the colours. However, since buying the CC-1043 cases in cyan, yellow and red I have to say that I am LOVING the yellow case wit hthe yellow theme. See my post here

The phone is sat on the NFC charger on the end of my desk and has in 2 days picked up a dozen complements.

However...I am quite conscious that "waving around" a bright yellow, red or blue phone in public, especially at night can be asking for it to be grabbed. A black Nokia 920 looks more or less the ame as any other mobile and wouldnt attract untoward attention. So I'm in two minds whether its a good thing to have a coloured case / phone when out and about.
waaay worried about theft....do you live in Compton? ;)