Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 Really Stands Out - Especially In Public!

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I consider myself a lover of technology and have always had the latest and greatest phones. I currently am the proud owner of a Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 and I must say not only is the phone the fastest and most responsive phone I have ever used (and I have used iOS and Android) but it is also a major eye catcher! When I go to Starbucks people ask me about my phone, when I go out to eat at restaurants waitresses comment on my phone. The list goes on - are you noticing this with your Lumia as well? I love the look, feel and solid build of the phone but also love the Windows 8 OS and general functionality of the phone as well.

I have experienced some of the known issues with my Lumia such as proximity sensor and dust issues, my phones have not been perfect but I have been a loyal fan of Nokia and have been working with them to address the said issues with my phone. In the past if I experienced these issues with another brand I probably would have jumped ship but my loyalty is with Nokia and despite the issues I am a fan of the phone build and functionality and feel it is by far the best Windows 8 phone on the market.

So.......is your Lumia 920 getting noticed?!

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
On the plus side you have a Lumia 920! Even in black, it is a super phone :) One of the new Nokia cases in a color of your choice could help take the dull feeling away for you too.

hexapixel

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a 920.3 and haven't experienced any dust under the screen. The other day I was at my local Microsoft store and I was talking to a sales rep who also had a 920 - he said that the initial 920's had a gap between the screen and the casing that allowed dust build up, but NOKIA addressed this issue with later batches.

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
You are right, that was what was causing the issue. Glad to hear it has been addressed, it was quite a significant flaw. What color Lumia do you have? Do people ask about it?

hexapixel

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
You are right, that was what was causing the issue. Glad to hear it has been addressed, it was quite a significant flaw. What color Lumia do you have? Do people ask about it?

I have a white 920, and I definitely get more people asking about my phone. Just the other day, my 920 sparked the attention of one of my friends who has been a long-time Apple die hard fan, and he had been considering buying the iPhone 5. He asked about my phone, I showed him the social network integration, and now he's looking into the different Lumia variants. The phone does stand out, and it has an iconic look.

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree and good choice on the white! I was looking at them and like how versatile the white is when it comes to different color themes. I truly believe Apple needs to come out with something new because the innovation has been lacking over the past couple of releases. I like you get a lot of people asking about my phone, I went with something totally different when selecting yellow and I am consistently being asked about it and when I show people the phone and how fast and responsive it is they are in awwww. Great phone, no question!

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Yellow is def. An eye catcher, creative, different. I opted for the less obtrusive route with black 920, it gets second looks, questions and That's the beauty of these phones, matching personal style with elegant functionality.

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I could not agree more man - we are all happy owners of these phones LOL. Out with the old and in with the new (Lumia 920)!

mobiledivide

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a white one and I have literally never been asked so much about a phone. Everywhere I go and whenever I pull it out to show a friend a picture or a video I get lots of interest. Microsoft and Nokia did something right with this phone hopefully they can keep up with the iconic color schemes and bold design instead of going standard aluminum black or grey shell like everyone else.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a black one, my friend has a red one. Nobody ever comments on it (besides friends).
Maybe commenting on random peoples phones isn't much of an australian thing?

BobR1908

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
LOL I guess not!? Here in North America iOS and Android have long owned the market and the Lumia 920 line is putting Nokia on the map here. A lot of people are tired of the same old from both iOS and Android and everyone has a black or white phone so I have not only appreciated how refreshing the Windows Phone 8 OS has been but also love the bold colors!

discohaze

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have a red 920 and I get asked my phone here and there (as opposed to never with my old buddy, the LG Quantum). The eye catching shade of red and great industrial design is very noticeable

MrA2Z

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have experienced this even with black. At my workplace some colleagues passed comments "Oh, its Lumia looking good" and others asked about the phone as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb