Quite disappointed with Nokia. Portico OTA update has been delayed again. Just wonder which countries do not release Portico update yet?

Let me start. Malaysia
    03-26-2013 01:34 AM
    Here in Pakistan. I can see it on navifirm but no OTA.
    03-26-2013 01:58 AM
    Yes, I can see it too. But update using navifirm will wipe out the data. :(
    03-26-2013 04:24 AM
    Yes, I can see it too. But update using navifirm will wipe out the data. :(
    Only data you can't back up is - game scores, game saves, live tiles arrangement, local music and video - everything else is stored in cloud. Music & Video can be drag & drop. It's only game saves and live tile arrangement!
    03-26-2013 06:24 AM
    Only data you can't back up is - game scores, game saves, live tiles arrangement, local music and video - everything else is stored in cloud. Music & Video can be drag & drop. It's only game saves and live tile arrangement!
    but you use mobile data to download everything back from the cloud.
    03-26-2013 06:57 AM
    Yes, you are right. My game progress and some app data will be gone

If there is a way to restore app data, please share.
    03-26-2013 08:44 AM
    I'm from malaysia as well. was sick and tired of waiting for the OTA update so i just flashed it, and it was really easy to do it!

Just make sure you back up your settings to the cloud before you update. You only have to rearrange your tiles again (I take a screenshot of my screen and upload it onto skydrive) after you update. Plus add in your music etc. Though all your apps should be automatically recovered.

Good luck!
    03-26-2013 11:43 AM
    Yes, you are right. My game progress and some app data will be gone

Impatience has it's own price!
    jojapath and gsquared like this.
    03-26-2013 11:44 AM
    I'm from malaysia as well. was sick and tired of waiting for the OTA update so i just flashed it, and it was really easy to do it!

Just make sure you back up your settings to the cloud before you update. You only have to rearrange your tiles again (I take a screenshot of my screen and upload it onto skydrive) after you update. Plus add in your music etc. Though all your apps should be automatically recovered.

Good luck!
    I understand what you meant, after the update all app was automatically recovered from the backup in the cloud. The problem is I used a total of 2.08 GB of storage for app. It isn't much but to download 2 GB of data via Mobile data which I am only allowed 3GB mobile data per month, is a pain.

If you can do this on wifi network please share.

And by the way, you were saying you are in Malaysia and still haven't got Portico OTA? I am in Thailand and have my Portico update from Nokia care months ago. Now you made me wonder if Portico is still not available OTA in Thailand too?
    03-26-2013 09:23 PM
    I understand what you meant, after the update all app was automatically recovered from the backup in the cloud. The problem is I used a total of 2.08 GB of storage for app. It isn't much but to download 2 GB of data via Mobile data which I am only allowed 3GB mobile data per month, is a pain.

If you can do this on wifi network please share.

And by the way, you were saying you are in Malaysia and still haven't got Portico OTA? I am in Thailand and have my Portico update from Nokia care months ago. Now you made me wonder if Portico is still not available OTA in Thailand too?
    if I'm not mistaken, only the app list was downloaded ota, the once that was done, I was back to the home screen and there was a heap load of downloads just waiting to happen. That was when I connected my WiFi and downloaded all the previous apps.

Well ibe no idea if the ota is already out in Malaysia. But by the looks of it, it isn't yet. Though I hear we can update it at Nokia care
    03-27-2013 01:50 AM
    AT&T got new firmware update today and I do not even get Portico update yet. I think most likely I will get the new firmware half year later.
    03-27-2013 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD