Who will be sticking with the 920, who will be moving onto the next big release?

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Just interested to know how many will move onto the next new Windows (or other platform) phone, and who will be sticking with the Lumia for the length of a contract? I've got mine til I can upgrade in December 2014. Don't see me shelling out for a new handset within my current contract. Although I will be jealous when the next one has a brilliant camera :p

Zokudu

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
AT&T allows an upgrade every 18 months. I'm very happy with AT&T and don't plan on moving so if the next big thing is out in 18m I will likely get it.

Unless its just the EOS with a high MP camera. I think the 920s camera is perfect for me.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Sticking to my Lumia 920! Whatever the next one is, will have only incremental software changes, that I will see on Lumia 920 anyway! I'm more than happy with the camera and how the pikachu feels in my hands and pocket! I've sort of bonded and am into a relationship with this one, don't think I can break her heart ;)

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
For me, I'm happy to wait, but I usually take such good care of my phones that I can get a decent price selling them used. If the next big windows phone is incredibly alluring, I might take the bait.

The only other obstacle would be that I just bought a house and renovations are coming up. May not be able to justify spending for a new device.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on a contract, but I stick with my phones until they've been in active use for 2 years, at which point I start considering a new phone (as in, I might wait a while like I did with this phone cos it wasnt available yet at the 2 year mark).

Ignotum666

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Here other with contract until december 2014. I think this is the best part of all, because in almost one year or more we can obtain a great upgrade with zero cost ^^

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Getting the next flagship Nokia if its a good improvement over the 920, even though I'm pretty happy with mine now. I like having the best device available and there's still so much we can expect from Nokia it will be hard to resist. I'll be breaking my at&t contract sometime soon and switching back to Tmobile for their unlimited plan and now LTE goodness!

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I've a family plan with my wife and parents on there and they all have varying end of contracts. I will most definitely be upgrading my phone using one of the eligible lines and hand down my L920. I'm the only one who cares for a new phone every year, so its the perfect system! :)

mikeymcz

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what will be the inovations and new features available on new flagship device. But, as I really love to have the latest and simply the best... I think that I will sell 920 and will buy the new KING. :)

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I will move on if my boss keeps his promise of that three mo bonus, but looking at the Q1 report, I doubt my dream will come true. :cool:

Olivion17

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded and bought the Lumia 900 when that came out back last year. I then bought the Lumia 920 off contract at full price. So I'm due for an upgrade later this year so I'm probably gonna get me a new phone. Hopefully Nokia and Microsoft launch something so crazy I can't resist. Cause if the iPhone 5S seems better I might have to get it. I really like getting all the new games when they come out and that's almost impossible with windows phone. Hopefully we can get games like real racing, infinity blade, and other major games at launch. I hate IOS but I love games and I love windows phone but the Xbox part of that is a joke and windows phone has been lacking in the gpu department.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait. I'm plenty happy with the camera in my 920 (and have my "big" camera for when that's not good enough). No other hardware spec would be compelling enough to trade up unless the new OS releases stop supporting current hardware (which they promised not to do). This is one of the reasons I stopped using Android - A flagship WP purchased on launch date _should_ in theory be good for the length of the contract. Maybe by late 2014, they'll have figured out how to get the 808's camera into a 920 form factor ;)

Jrexxx

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Sticking to my Lumia 920 for at least 2-3 years. I'm tempted however to buy the next Nexus if it's as cheap as the Nexus 4 and use it with the 920 in one year's time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss