Who will be sticking with the 920, who will be moving onto the next big release?

Azzid

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Given that opening this phone is a breeze, I will probably stick with it until WP10 comes out. Hopefully by the time the battery starts to fail, there may be extended batteries.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine outright so I can upgrade at any time but hopefully Nokia and Microsoft can keep me happy with it for around 2 years. We get 2 year warranty in Australia from Nokia and I've got a few things that could warrant getting fixed already so maybe once they stop making these 920s I'll send it in and hope for a new replacement or atleast a nice refurbished one.

SahilShah

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Probably going to keep my phone for around 2 or so more years, and get the next Nokia Lumia flagship then. Right now, I have absolutely NO need to upgrade, and am happy that I chose the underdog, or not well known phone. This is awesome when people that I don't even know compliment and marvel at it. But, back to the topic. Seriously, I LOVE my Lumia 920, and the whole thing about phones is that they KEEP UPDATING. If you are happy with your phone like I am, I wouldn't dream of replacing it. Now breaking it, (probably won't happen with this tank of a phone), is a different story!! :smile::smile:

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a bad habit of having to have the latest device in the technologies I'm devoted/loyal to. So, I will be getting the next high end Lumia, and the one after that, and the one after that. The outcome of this is buying a new phone every 6-8 months. The only exception has been the HD7, which I had from launch until the date the 900 was released. When HTC was releasing the Touch line, I was getting a new phone often, very often.

Rich White

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is a quadcore Snapdragon 600, HD video, 4.8" screen and a closer to Pureview camera enough to make you switch?

Probably buy the 7" tablet instead

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Just interested to know how many will move onto the next new Windows (or other platform) phone, and who will be sticking with the Lumia for the length of a contract? I've got mine til I can upgrade in December 2014. Don't see me shelling out for a new handset within my current contract. Although I will be jealous when the next one has a brilliant camera :p
only problem i have is dust gathering on the front camera & slowly it is affecting the light sensor too, my screen brightness is fluctuating a lot lately, other than this it is great phone.

jrlive

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
100% sticking to Lumia 920 - it is superb (would be perfect with better battery life). In 2yrs when I upgrade I will get the next Lumia. Nokia just make quality phones. Cant wait for the Nokia tablet too!

revfast

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Is a quadcore Snapdragon 600, HD video, 4.8" screen and a closer to Pureview camera enough to make you switch?

Probably buy the 7" tablet instead

I would like snapdragon 800, I dont care if it has the lowest GHZ, as long as it comes with quick charge 2.0(this phone charges too slow compared to iphone), pureview, better battery life(razrmaxx), wireless ac, and if windows phone starts adding more features to its OS. and if its at the right price. I got my phone for 50 bucks (black friday) plus a wireless charger :) (technically 85 ridiculous att upgrade fee)

rareohs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Most likely jumping ship from the 920 and WP8. I love the platform, but I expected to see it doing a lot better in the 1st 6 months after it's release, and it hasn't. The app developer support just isn't there.

Also, while I love the 920's screen and camera, it's been a pain in my backside:
-dropped it onto wood floor from 3' and the screen shattered
-battery SUCKS, no matter what I do it sucks, and today it's just gradually dying while it's plugged in.
-using it for almost anything aside from a quick map/email/web check and it runs HOT
-the proximity sensor doesn't work

Just tired of all it. I may hang onto it (or, the new one that Best Buy will give me since i have geek squad) and see what the 5S is like, but I might also ditch it for the iPhone 5 and wait for iPhone 6 or whatever else is out there in 2014...

Derek De Souza

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
If the next phone is better than the 920 and destroys the S4 then Yes I will buy it just to say I do own the best smartphone out there! But I would still say my 920 is the best compared to the s3, ip5, htcss etc

Luke Kailburn

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sticking with the 920 for this renewal duration. My top choice for my next phone will absolutely be Nokia and Windows Phone. Love it, and I imagine in 18 months time it will be even better!

Luke

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Most likely jumping ship from the 920 and WP8. I love the platform, but I expected to see it doing a lot better in the 1st 6 months after it's release, and it hasn't. The app developer support just isn't there.

Also, while I love the 920's screen and camera, it's been a pain in my backside:
-dropped it onto wood floor from 3' and the screen shattered
-battery SUCKS, no matter what I do it sucks, and today it's just gradually dying while it's plugged in.
-using it for almost anything aside from a quick map/email/web check and it runs HOT
-the proximity sensor doesn't work

Just tired of all it. I may hang onto it (or, the new one that Best Buy will give me since i have geek squad) and see what the 5S is like, but I might also ditch it for the iPhone 5 and wait for iPhone 6 or whatever else is out there in 2014...

I initially got the iphone 5, first ever iphone for me, it was lovely to use (especially after using a hand-me-down S1!) but I found it really boring :/ it just wasn't what I expected to feel when I got the most up to date iphone! The camcorder and camera were very disappointing. At that point I was wishing I had gone with the Lumia but once in the shop they kind of discounted the Lumia right away and it was between the iphone 5 and S3. Luckily I managed to return it, well my husband did. Glad I got the Lumia as the camcorder is just what I needed to catch my little one being cute/funny/cheeky. The camera does the job too.

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
My Lumia 920 is the next big thing down here in Panama, where the most advanced Lumia is the 900. So, I'll keep my next big thing until my country keeps up and then some :D

rareohs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I initially got the iphone 5, first ever iphone for me, it was lovely to use (especially after using a hand-me-down S1!) but I found it really boring :/ it just wasn't what I expected to feel when I got the most up to date iphone! The camcorder and camera were very disappointing. At that point I was wishing I had gone with the Lumia but once in the shop they kind of discounted the Lumia right away and it was between the iphone 5 and S3. Luckily I managed to return it, well my husband did. Glad I got the Lumia as the camcorder is just what I needed to catch my little one being cute/funny/cheeky. The camera does the job too.

That's the frustrating part, in a lot of ways I love the 920. The camera and video capabilities are fantastic, the screen is gorgeous and the perfect size. I like wp8 and live tiles. Bing maps and Nokia drive are great...

But the negatives are killing me. If it can't stay charged and can't even use the phone properly, why am I here? And the app gap, contrary to the kool aid being chugged by some, is real and its important.

Who knows, I may end up having best buy swap me for a brand new 920, but that would definitely be the last chance I'd be willing to give it.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I like to try new devices whenever I get a chance to. I have been known to go out of my way to get a new phone. On a day like today with Nokia tossing out a Firmware update and updating the Here Maps collection on the same day. Add that to the greatness that is the L920. It would have to be one heck of a hardware jump to pull me away from my L920. I think I will be hanging on to my L920 for a long time. In the last 4 years I haven't had a phone for more than a few months without getting board. I have had my L920 sense November and it is still the best WP device on the market.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos